Mandeville "Hero" to be Prosecuted?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeardedPatriot38

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2016
    New Iberia, Louisiana
    Mandeville "Hero" to be Prosecuted?

What I don’t understand is this, everyone keeps doing a point/counter point to if the guy should have went out there and got the plate number and gotten himself involved. So my question to the people that think that he shouldn’t have gotten involved, what would you want the stranger standing next to you to do if a bad situation happened to you? It is very easy to talk about what the man should have done but the core fact is that he first though was to identify a problem and then try to resolve it with the help of the police.
    As for the store clerk, it really does not matter what that person did or should have done, a hero is not someone that gets out of the way when trouble comes around. They are a person that stands in front of trouble and does what is right and what is needed. Not only for themselves, but for everyone else as well.
    More people need to stand up for what is right and stop turning the other way or one day someone may turn the other way when you are in need.
    Help others, be respectful and follow the law. That’s all we really need.
    I hope all goes well for him and I know that I will be donating to help.

Amen brother!
    You sound like a good dude. Couldn't have said it better myself.

On a side note,
    I watched the longer 6 minute video posted above and in my opinion the shooter didn't do anything wrong at all. Now yes there is no volume, none of us were there, but from what I can see he did everything right. I hope everything turns out well for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    The Police were called, Twice, the call came in as a Disturbance which is probably why it took them so long to get there, it wasn't till the third call that PD dispatch classified the incident as a shooting.

WRONG!

He called twice. Once it came in as an irate customer. Then Sam called back after the shooting. When Sam has the phone in hand prior to him leaving the first time the call did not connect. Sam hung up as he looked like he was leaving.

ETA:in response to "probably why it took so long": total response time was less than 3 minutes. Hard to beat that almost anywhere unless you have a unit in the parking lot.

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    You Gent's forgot to include sitting around the campfire singing Kumbaya.

What about the ones sitting on the john with a smartphone? Lol

After watching the video, my only Monday morning quarterbacking would be the shooter could have been a little more inconspicuous when getting the plate number. But then again, no one would reasonably expect someone to attack you for getting their plate number.

ronin1000

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    When I posted before, I talked about the aspect of a hero. There were other people in the store that didn't want to get involved but if they would also have been heroes, than the mans aggression could have been subdued with the help of others and it wouldn't have had to get so out of hand. So that's what stepping away rather than stepping up will get you. It's a shame others wouldn't help. Could have been a better situation.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    After watching the video, my only Monday morning quarterbacking would be the shooter could have been a little more inconspicuous when getting the plate number. But then again, no one would reasonably expect someone to attack you for getting their plate number.

Pretty much my thoughts, though I can easily see having put myself in the same position and probably would not have done as well as he did. Live, learn, train.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

After looking at how many chances the self defender gave the idiot to back off, the idiot deserved the result.

Now, for most likely not the last time, I don't practice OC; but I refuse to denounce it! That exposed gun had nothing to do with this dead idiot being shot. The idiot had everything to do with it. To blame the OC'er for having his gun exposed is no different than blaming a robbery victim for paying a store clerk for a pack of gum with a $100 bill within in view of a criminal standing in line, only to be robbed by the same criminal when he goes back to his vehicle.

He should have been shot for the way he parked when he first got there! ;)

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    After looking at how many chances the self defender gave the idiot to back off, the idiot deserved the result.

Now, for most likely not the last time, I don't practice OC; but I refuse to denounce it! That exposed gun had nothing to do with this dead idiot being shot. The idiot had everything to do with it. To blame the OC'er for having his gun exposed is no different than blaming a robbery victim for paying a store clerk for a pack of gum with a $100 bill within in view of a criminal standing in line, only to be robbed by the same criminal when he goes back to his vehicle.

He should have been shot for the way he parked when he first got there! ;)

Do you think there's a possibility the gun wouldn't have come into play if it hadn't been showing? I was thinking he said the reason he had to shoot him is because the dumbass tried to take his pistol. In the video, the perp does seem to fixate on it after the assault begins in the store. Absolutely not saying the jerk didn't deserve what he got.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Do you think there's a possibility the gun wouldn't have come into play if it hadn't been showing? I was thinking he said the reason he had to shoot him is because the dumbass tried to take his pistol. In the video, the perp does seem to fixate on it after the assault begins in the store. Absolutely not saying the jerk didn't deserve what he got.

I don't know how inebriated or intoxicated a person has to be to be completely oblivious to a guy holding a gun; pushing you back, and obviously yelling at him to step back?!? I still want to know what the post mortem toxicology report revealed. Why? Because if this idiot was hopped up on more than just alcohol, or alcohol and some other crap like an amphetamine; he may have been a potential problem on a larger scale than what we know.

The video reveals a lot of things that we didn't know. I did not notice at anytime that the shooter exacerbated the idiots' furor. I did notice that the idiot poked him in the chest at the register, and that was before he could have even noticed the gun.

I also noticed the guy in the white shirt who went in and appeared to have stolen something, and then walked out. Though that is merely speculation!

It's all moot now anyway. It has been deemed "justified" by the only people that matter; those that could take away your freedom.

I can't even blame this shooter for trying to be helpful in obtaining information for the cops; since this was a simple battery at the very least, and a potential fatal accident of an innocent at the worst.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    I don't know how inebriated or intoxicated a person has to be to be completely oblivious to a guy holding a gun; pushing you back, and obviously yelling at him to step back?!? I still want to know what the post mortem toxicology report revealed. Why? Because if this idiot was hopped up on more than just alcohol, or alcohol and some other crap like an amphetamine; he may have been a potential problem on a larger scale than what we know.
    The video reveals a lot of things that we didn't know. I did not notice at anytime that the shooter exacerbated the idiots' furor. I did notice that the idiot poked him in the chest at the register, and that was before he could have even noticed the gun.
    I also noticed the guy in the white shirt who went in and appeared to have stolen something, and then walked out. Though that is merely speculation!
    It's all moot now anyway. It has been deemed "justified" by the only people that matter; those that could take away your freedom.
    I can't even blame this shooter for trying to be helpful in obtaining information for the cops; since this was a simple battery at the very least, and a potential fatal accident of an innocent at the worst.

well said,
    It looked like the guy in the white shirt took his drink he had on the counter to pay for and walked out. maybe he was with the guy I don't know. seeing the video the shooter may have save someone form being hit with a auto or maybe not. I know that I have taken down LP number on people I have seen that did not look like they should have been behind the wheel of an auto.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So at this point my only question is: Would the shooter involve himself with this type of scenario again OR would he avoid it? We don't know what his answer would be but his detailed response would interest me.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So at this point my only question is: Would the shooter involve himself with this type of scenario again OR would he avoid it? We don't know what his answer would be but his detailed response would interest me.

Well, I will say this! If he IS a firearms instructor as has been said. And he is already completely exonerated as the DA has determined! And he cannot be held civilly responsible for the guys death under the previously cited Statute! I think he SHOULD tell people his story! As I have stated, this is one of the best examples of a real life deadly force encounter I could think of. This scenario is far more likely to be something any of us would encounter in public, outside of being LE.

I would bet it will be a major portion of his own classes!

I must also add; in the video he looked pretty damned calm before, during, and after he smoked that idiot! I for one, would also love to know his thoughts!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Well, I will say this! If he IS a firearms instructor as has been said. And he is already completely exonerated as the DA has determined! And he cannot be held civilly responsible for the guys death under the previously cited Statute! I think he SHOULD tell people his story! As I have stated, this is one of the best examples of a real life deadly force encounter I could think of. This scenario is far more likely to be something any of us would encounter in public, outside of being LE.

I must also add; in the video he looked pretty damned calm before, during, and after he smoked that idiot! I for one, would also love to know his thoughts!

I admit he looked like he handled himself very well. If he makes this event part of his class I may take it just for that info alone!

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    If u remove the gun from the equation what happens? Someone would get a supreme ass whoopin. That's how things were handled in my day.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If u remove the gun from the equation what happens? Someone would get a supreme ass whoopin. That's how things were handled in my day.

Then you had better call Doc Brown and Marty McFly, because that day ain't been here for decades!

We arm ourselves to protect ourselves! When I was in my 20's (back in what the old timers' refer to as; The Day), I doubt there were many people that would whip my ass in a straight hand to hand fight outside of well trained ass-whippers! But I ain't in my 20's anymore; and even though crime statistics show violent crimes are at an all time low since the '90's, I personally know more people now, who were actual involved in some type of altercation, attempted crime, successful crime, etc.; then I did back in the day!

When you get older, you do in fact get wiser. One of the best examples of wisdom I have gained is acknowledging and understanding that after all else fails and I can't avoid it, a 25 year old male that is hell bent on kicking my ass for any nefarious criminal reasons is going to be met with the same type of behavior as our armed friend in the video.

The gun simply replaces my waning physical ability and skills to defend myself; while at the same time allowing me to consider the level of savagery that today's criminals, who society has shown by numerous examples, will resort to inflict harm.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

Give me your address and I will come assist with removing all your guns from the equation. That way you won't have to shoot and kill the thugs that come to rob, kill, and maim your family, you can just give them a whoopin. :doh:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas

"Supreme ass whoopin" can easily turn into getting yourself killed. Especially with the fact the perp was belligerent and intoxicated on top of being a good size man.

BeardedPatriot38

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2016
    New Iberia, Louisiana
    Then you had better call Doc Brown and Marty McFly, because that day ain't been here for decades!

We arm ourselves to protect ourselves! When I was in my 20's (back in what the old timers' refer to as; The Day), I doubt there were many people that would whip my ass in a straight hand to hand fight outside of well trained ass-whippers! But I ain't in my 20's anymore; and even though crime statistics show violent crimes are at an all time low since the '90's, I personally know more people now, who were actual involved in some type of altercation, attempted crime, successful crime, etc.; then I did back in the day!

When you get older, you do in fact get wiser. One of the best examples of wisdom I have gained is acknowledging and understanding that after all else fails and I can't avoid it, a 25 year old male that is hell bent on kicking my ass for any nefarious criminal reasons is going to be met with the same type of behavior as our armed friend in the video.

The gun simply replaces my waning physical ability and skills to defend myself; while at the same time allowing me to consider the level of savagery that today's criminals, who society has shown by numerous examples, will resort to inflict harm.

Well said sir,

Kodiak1955

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Lacombe, La.
    He can still be sued civilly , the victims family has a year and a day to sue, there probably is at least one bottom feeding scum sucking attorney out there that may try, the shooter was informed.

Top Bottom