Mandeville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sneakybuffalo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    Yeah they didn't do too good a job advertising it. I just happened to see a sign on the side of the road in Hammond without any dates or anything and googled when the next one was. Turns out right now. Hopefully I can find the 1 gun I'm looking for that I can't find anywhere.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Yeah they didn't do too good a job advertising it. I just happened to see a sign on the side of the road in Hammond without any dates or anything and googled when the next one was. Turns out right now. Hopefully I can find the 1 gun I'm looking for that I can't find anywhere.
    I saw a few billboards between Hammond and Covington on I-12 and in Slidell on I-10.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Just got back from the show. There wasn't an ammo dealer but there were but there were some commercial dealers and individuals that did have ammo though. I got some 5.56 American Eagle from a guy for $.35/round. I don't remember seeing it in stores that cheap so I bought the 100 rounds he had.

Also got some Gen3 PMAGs for $12 each plus tax. From Apocalypse Sports out of Ponchatoula. I think they had some of the windowed versions for $14, but don't quote me on that.

And if you're looking for 5.56, M855 ammo, check out this guy:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Get the business name before you leave so we can out him on here. I forgot to go back and get it before I left.
    Amazingly, there was a guy super excited to count out a fresh stack of twenties right after I snapped the picture. He left with an ammo can full. I actually heard the vendor telling someone else that his distributor called him last week and said they were cancelling all outstanding orders. He actually said: "Ya know what that tells me? That tells me that the distributor is hoarding it." I thought to myself, "your prices are telling me that your are price gouging."

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I was somewhat disappointed with the show.
    Nothing there that I couldn't do without.

Nolaradio, I think I was standing next to you when you bought the Am Eagle ammo.
    We need a way to ID members at these events.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I'm sure if you post here that you'll be at the next show giving free .22lr or 5.56 ammo to any Bayou Shooter members, you'll have no problem identifying who the member are. ;)

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I went because I really like seeing straight razors, old stop watch's, knife setups (they had awesome knife stands), and some really cool guns from time before. It was fun for me, even though I didn't buy anything.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I like to look as well. It also gives me a chance to handle some pieces that aren't at the local places. I saw a Century Arms WASR-10 there. Now I'm interested in one.

Sneakybuffalo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    I didn't find what I was looking for, but I think I picked up about 1/2 the pistols in the joint to see how they felt. I was rather surprised at how comfortable I found a Taurus 111 I believe (will have to check pictures). Gonna do some research on this gun.

Also, Idk if he was the M855 guy, but this guy was price gouging the s*** out of ammo. $150 for a $60 Remington Bucket O' Bullets .22, $8.00 for a pack of 20 7.62x54R straight out of the spam can, I didn't even bother looking at the CCI prices. It was sickening. http://www.pauliespistols.com/

Someone else had CCI mini-mags box of 100 for $20. The whole show was just sickening if you even bothered to look at ammo prices. There were some decent deals on guns though and some neat booths.

On the bright side, I popped into Optimum Outfitters on my way home from the show. They have a pretty decent selection of rimfire ammo (no cheap bulk stuff though) and decent prices AND they have a decent powder selection. And they're nice people.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I didn't find what I was looking for, but I think I picked up about 1/2 the pistols in the joint to see how they felt. I was rather surprised at how comfortable I found a Taurus 111 I believe (will have to check pictures). Gonna do some research on this gun.

Also, Idk if he was the M855 guy, but this guy was price gouging the s*** out of ammo. $150 for a $60 Remington Bucket O' Bullets .22, $8.00 for a pack of 20 7.62x54R straight out of the spam can, I didn't even bother looking at the CCI prices. It was sickening. http://www.pauliespistols.com/

Someone else had CCI mini-mags box of 100 for $20. The whole show was just sickening if you even bothered to look at ammo prices. There were some decent deals on guns though and some neat booths.

On the bright side, I popped into Optimum Outfitters on my way home from the show. They have a pretty decent selection of rimfire ammo (no cheap bulk stuff though) and decent prices AND they have a decent powder selection. And they're nice people.

I saw Paulie's and would have to agree with you on the .22lr prices. I'm sitting on a good stash of .22lr right now so most of the time I don't even pay attention to the price. The M855 guy was at the other end from Paulie though.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Did you see the guy with two crates of Lugers on his table?
    I also picked up a Mossberg 600 (private brand 500) for cheap from a guy walking around with it...

Last edited:

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La

Yep. Show kinda sucked. That guy that had 22table was crazy. He had that one ammo can of 22lr cci mini mag 1600 rds for 240 bucks. Now that's gouging. I bought same thing at cabelas for 90 bucks 6 months ago. And the guy with the m855 was out of Texas. He was down right screwing people. On the bright side I also went to optimum after show and bought some 22 from Sydney. He had 4 bulk packs of thunderbolt left for 30 bucks I got. Also picked up several boxes of fed auto match for 20 bucks. Being I had pocket full of money and was expecting the gun show to be big like last one in castine I had to buy something lol.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Did you see the guy with two crates of Lugers on his table?
    I also picked up a Mossberg 600 (private brand 500) for cheap from a guy walking around with it...

Yes. The old dude with the crate. Did he open it for u and let u handle some. He let my 2 boys pick at a couple of them. Very nice old man and the guns to

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Yes. The old dude with the crate. Did he open it for u and let u handle some. He let my 2 boys pick at a couple of them. Very nice old man and the guns to

yes I got his number just in case I have free funds in the future, was really impressed with that selection highlight of the whole show!

Top Bottom