March on capital Jan19 for 2nd amendment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Any idea where we're gonna park?

312391_419463591467969_2132777129_n.jpg

From their facebook.

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    I have been honored to be asked to speak at today's event.

Ironic that an event that is to show support for our 2nd Amendment right is taking place at a location that "infringes" upon that very right.

We will voice our support today and call for our governor and state legislature to enact laws that will nullify any federal assault weapons bans or high capacity magazine bans as well as making it against state law for any federal agents to act upon any unconstitutional laws that require the confiscation of the citizens firearms.

George Peterson
    "10-8 Actual"

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I have been honored to be asked to speak at today's event.

Ironic that an event that is to show support for our 2nd Amendment right is taking place at a location that "infringes" upon that very right.

We will voice our support today and call for our governor and state legislature to enact laws that will nullify any federal assault weapons bans or high capacity magazine bans as well as making it against state law for any federal agents to act upon any unconstitutional laws that require the confiscation of the citizens firearms.

George Peterson
    "10-8 Actual"

:bravo:

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    Couldn't really tell how many folks came, I parked in the lot east of everyone. Looked like an okay turnout. Saw one bayou shooter T-shirt.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Good event, poor turnout.

I want to first thank the people who organized the event. They did a good job in a short amount of time. The speakers did a good job also, although the sound equipment needed to be a little louder. It did not help that the BR city police helicopter kept flying over the crowd. Why the helicopter? It was ridiculous. Not to bash the police department, but I guess they have to justify buying it so hey why not use at one of those crazy 2A events. Like the above poster I saw one bayou shooters shirt. If I had to guess I would say between 2-300 people max. I was very disappointed with the turnout. Was this the best we could do. Maybe after everyone saw what Obama brought to the table they weren't as concerned anymore, I just don't know. If not now, when ? I guess when the storm troopers are kicking doors in we will have more than 300 people show up at a rally to support one of our most important rights. I honestly thought there would be at least 1000 people or more. The gun community should be ashamed of themselves. Sorry to sound judgemental, but I guess most people are more talk than action.

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    I was over next to two state troopers behind the guy with the corkboard sign.

I was surprised to see as many older people as I did. Not that that's a bad thing, but I figured it would be 20-30 something's.

I actually thout there were closer to 1000 folks there, but I didn't take a head count.

I wondered about the helicopter, I was sure if it was the news or not, guess they figured we were gonna get out of hand...

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    I was proud to be the closing speaker and fire up the crowd. At least we had good media coverage.

As for the BRPD helicopter, I would prefer that to an Obama drone

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    To the last speaker

You did a great job getting the crowd going. I think it was you who said that the states are the masters of the Feds and not the other way around. Most people do not know this. They think the Feds are the end all, be all. Again, thanks. Oh yea the copter is way better than a drone :)

Top Bottom