Mardi Gras 2012, what parade or spot are you in?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    I figure since I saw a few other folks are paradin I would start a post to see who is where. This year I am on float 21-B sidewalk side in Endymion. For the other parades I will be watching from 3600 St. Charles. Where is everyone else going to be?

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I'm on Elks Orleans. Rolls behind Rex. On the House of Shock float driver side front. Got lots of rubber ducks and Glock balls :D

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'm singing it from the rafters.

WE AREN'T MARDI GRASING THIS YEAR!!!!!

I cannot remember a year where I didn't have a responsibility. And after a few years as a representative and dealing with the executive board for our city, HALLELUJAH! No more crowds. No more standing around waiting for something to be done. No more up at the crack of dawn running your tail off...

Nope! No crazy people pushing and shoving for me this year.

We're going to Disneyworld instead. :D

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    I figure since I saw a few other folks are paradin I would start a post to see who is where. This year I am on float 21-B sidewalk side in Endymion. For the other parades I will be watching from 3600 St. Charles. Where is everyone else going to be?

Rode in Endymion for 10 years followed by a ride in Bacchus, been there, done that. While it is a great time. the $ to ride is too much unless you own a business or in the plus 6 figure club. IMHO. Enjoy the ride.

fr3nchy524

resident asian shooter!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    new orleans

they moved you from the left side to the right side? you still at the beginning of the 2nd part of the float?

MyBabyDaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    If I get my boat back from the fiberglass shop in time, I plan on renting a cabin down in Myrtle Grove , and go fishing the entire 3 day weekend.

We're really not big into Mardi Gras. The wife will bring the kids to one or two parades a year, but that's about it. Got nothing against it, its just not for me.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    I plan on riding in the Krewe of Argus parade Mardi Gras day. Being in the Shrine's Dune Buggy Unit we normally participate in 12-16 parades, but work only allows me one this year.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    My family always goes out on Napoleon for the Saturday before Mardi Gras. Thoth and Bacchus role by and I think 1 other does too.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm singing it from the rafters.

WE AREN'T MARDI GRASING THIS YEAR!!!!!

I cannot remember a year where I didn't have a responsibility. And after a few years as a representative and dealing with the executive board for our city, HALLELUJAH! No more crowds. No more standing around waiting for something to be done. No more up at the crack of dawn running your tail off...

Nope! No crazy people pushing and shoving for me this year.

We're going to Disneyworld instead. :D

I moved from Orlando. It is extremely weird to me how everyone here goes to Disneyworld. Disney sucks! Go to a national park or something that isn't commercialized ******** and will build character. Orlando is a soulless commercialized God forsaken city.

My family always goes out on Napoleon for the Saturday before Mardi Gras. Thoth and Bacchus role by and I think 1 other does too.

I will be off of Napoleon and Magazine.....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom