Mardi Gras carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    I searched, but couldn't find this. NOLA Mardi Gras.

I'm invited to watch -- not be in -- a daytime parade.

Carry ok? I would not be drinking.

Thanks.

Oh. Concealed carry, that is.

stockcarracer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Franklinton
    pretty sure that will not be o.k. Seems like there is a law that says you cannot carry at a permitted event. Hopefully some one smarter will answer soon. I want to know also.

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    When I had my permit in Florida they had a "place of nuisance" rule. It was any venue that were problematic such as bars, some concerts, etc. Maybe that would be a place to look. Does La. have something similar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs

Thanks.

Tom,
    I somehow suspect that this was asked almost tongue in cheek to see what kind of response someone would give, if not please forgive the assumption. Perhaps on your show you could push for the DA to actually come up with and answer for us all. Putting an end to the wait and see till someone gets arrested to set a precedence in court. And also explain why we could be trusted to carry in crowded malls but not on the street.

Thanks for what you do for our community.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    pretty sure that will not be o.k. Seems like there is a law that says you cannot carry at a permitted event. Hopefully some one smarter will answer soon. I want to know also.

You cant carry at a permitted event.

Concealed is concealed.

Illegal is Illegal.

If you think you need a gun to go there, you probably shouldn't go there.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge

Thanks.

Tom:

1. Many of the folks who respond to questions such as yours have good intentions. However, as I'm sure you are aware, such intentions do not necessarily equate to reliable information.

2. See PM.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    Keep in mind Tom, there are people also who advise others it is legal to carry in their car concealed without a permit, based on a belief "no DA would touch it" even though the law is pretty clear.

Like Dawg23 said, be careful. Sometimes bad information is disguised as good intentions.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I thought the marines in new orleans were there for a reason.I think its called martial law.
    I am assuming that still means what it did in 1938.NO guns allowed in a vehicle or otherwise.

I would like to know why everyone doesn't know this or was the obama/news clip just a Hoax?

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Tom,
    I somehow suspect that this was asked almost tongue in cheek to see what kind of response someone would give, if not please forgive the assumption. Perhaps on your show you could push for the DA to actually come up with and answer for us all. Putting an end to the wait and see till someone gets arrested to set a precedence in court. And also explain why we could be trusted to carry in crowded malls but not on the street.

Thanks for what you do for our community.

The DA is swamped with the "revolving door" at Tulane & Broad. I really don't think he has any interest in folks like Tom.

But, our "legislators" in BTR continue to mis-understand and mis-regulate our situation(s).

And, Tom, like your show, etc; but, "dead is dead" !

leVieux

But, be very careful; the parade crowds are filled with undercover officers, both on-duty and off, including visiting cops.

Last edited:

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    The fact that there are such widely divergent opinions on what the law is makes it obvious that the law is a mess.

In a parade, AT a parade.

What kind of liquor license does the restaurant have? Does it matter?

You have to tell someone whose house you are visiting that you are carrying?

It goes on and on.

Time to start pushing back on these restrictions. We need a 5-year plan (and maybe a 10-year plan) to remove as many of these restrictions as possible.

Top Bottom