marijuana prevents cancer.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    this guy i run into every now and then always turns the conversation to how great marijuana is. the latest is that long term smoking of weed prevents cancer and if you have cancer tumors you can start smoking weed to shrink them "way way" down.

do you know any long term marijuana smokers that have died of cancer?

do you know anyone who smoked it and had tumors shrink?

any links of facts i can print out are welcome. shut him up or shut me up.

o yea, looks like possession of marijuana and a firearm is a no no. can having one joint and a gun land you in jail?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    if you have cancer tumors you can start smoking weed to shrink them "way way" down.

There is no scientific evidence that proves smoking marijuana reduces the size of tumors.

do you know any long term marijuana smokers that have died of cancer?

There is evidence of long time marijuana users who have died from cancer.

do you know anyone who smoked it and had tumors shrink?

See my first answer.

any links of facts i can print out are welcome. shut him up or shut me up.

Yes, but people like him will dismiss the facts.

o yea, looks like possession of marijuana and a firearm is a no no. can having one joint and a gun land you in jail?

Possession of marijuana will land you jail time regardless if you have a firearm or not.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Incomplete combustion of any organic matter is going to lead to the production of carcinogenic chemicals, whether you're smoking tobacco, marijuana, or kleenex. There is just not face validity to /smoking/ pot reducing the risk of cancer, whether some form of cannabinoid may reduce the risk of some form of cancer or not. I am not up to date on all the marijuana research. It has some medical use. I'm pro-recreational legislation and continued research into medical use. Pot disciples are freaking annoying as all get out though

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The cancer patients that I know who have been prescribed pot or pot supplements were prescribed it to combat the effects of Chemo. When you are weak but are too sick to keep so much as a saltine down or so weak eating just ain't gonna happen you got a couple options feeding tube or find a way to get them to eat. And if you have ever been high from pot the munchies is a compulsive behavior. There are many things they use pot for in varying form, some is very much scientific and some is suto-science.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Incomplete combustion of any organic matter is going to lead to the production of carcinogenic chemicals, whether you're smoking tobacco, marijuana, or kleenex. There is just not face validity to /smoking/ pot reducing the risk of cancer, whether some form of cannabinoid may reduce the risk of some form of cancer or not. I am not up to date on all the marijuana research. It has some medical use. I'm pro-recreational legislation and continued research into medical use. Pot disciples are freaking annoying as all get out though

I think you and I are on the same page, sans recreational usage.

To the answer the guys poorly worded question: No, "smoking marijuana" does not reduce the size of tumors, nor does it cure cancer.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    It's not as bold or cut/dry as your acquaintance is making it out to be, here are few links for you to read:

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/tre...ects/chemotherapyeffects/marijuana-and-cancer

More recently, scientists reported that THC and other cannabinoids such as CBD slow growth and/or cause death in certain types of cancer cells growing in laboratory dishes. Some animal studies also suggest certain cannabinoids may slow growth and reduce spread of some forms of cancer.

There have been some early clinical trials of cannabinoids in treating cancer in humans and more studies are planned. While the studies so far have shown that cannabinoids can be safe in treating cancer, they do not show that they help control or cure the disease.

http://www.higherperspectives.com/t...t-prove-cannabis-cures-cancer-1429984852.html

The link immediately above claims to have a lot sourced material about marijuana helping cure cancer (I haven't bothered to really delve into the material, but the majority of their claims come from The National Center for Biotechnology Information.)

The easier claim to back seems to be that marijuana can have benefits against the symptoms caused by cancer/other illnesses (Nausea, appetite suppression, inflammatory issues, etc).

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have never heard medicinal marijuana being pushed for anything cancer treatment related but the appetite stimulation aspect. However, we know that clinical studies of TCH and/or cannabinoids are way behind due to their prohibition early on.

If these substances were studied as intently and as early as say, commercially acceptable narcotics; we'd probably have many answers already in place.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If bacon causes cancer then how many pigs die of cancer?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I have a friend that has smoked weed "medicinally" for quiet a while now. He recently got diagnosed with Stage 3 or 4 cancer. So with a case study of one I would say big nope on that theory.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I have a friend that has smoked weed "medicinally" for quiet a while now. He recently got diagnosed with Stage 3 or 4 cancer. So with a case study of one I would say big nope on that theory.

One person who uses weed that dies of cancer is hardly a scientific study, the same way one person cured by it is not. Ill leave it to the scientists to provide its benefits and wish the government would stay out of it. (but they won't because monies)

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I once had a guy tell me his friend with lung cancer made a bunch of cannabis butter and would administer it to himself via rectal enema and it significantly reduced the size of his tumor with no other forms of treatment! You can't make this stuff up!

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I firmly believe if you are healthy you should be able to take whatever into your body even if it kills you and if your dying you should be able to take anything into your body to be able to live. Freedom and all that jazz.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I once had a guy tell me his friend with lung cancer made a bunch of cannabis butter and would administer it to himself via rectal enema and it significantly reduced the size of his tumor with no other forms of treatment! You can't make this stuff up!

Sorry I can't help but get a giggle about of this one. Can imagine the level of stoned he was? I mean in my experience eating stuff with pot in it is crazy, I can't imagine plugging. :rofl:

They say you can consume enough to hallucinate, I never have. But I never thought to plug pot butter either. :mamoru:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom