Marine loses his SH*T NSFW language

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    From what I understood, the driver of the vehicle is not a soldier but his passenger is an amputee veteran.

And the disgruntled Marine did indeed get arrested by the MP on base.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Yea, I think there is some PTSD involved there, not to be taken lightly.. He was amped..

I think you may be right. Also, I don't think he just picked someone at random to pull in front of and break check. The people in the car are victims and all that, but I bet there was some douche-baggery involved on their part as well.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    http://youtu.be/h9lFYw4aurE
    Both are soldiers on Base it looks like

Marines man, Marines. ;)

Yea, I think there is some PTSD involved there, not to be taken lightly.. He was amped..

Possibly, but not to be used as an excuse just as a path to understanding. His fellow Marines should be held equally responsible for not at a minimum attempting to resolve the situation instead of just standing there like idiots letting this guy RAGE!

I'd be grilling the Marines about what could have happen had he actually broke the driver side glass and got a hold of the Civilian. His Temporary Rage might have ended up costing him a lifetime in jail.

Again I stress his fellow Marines should have put a stop to this.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I really wonder if he could have been calmed down.. He screams that he felt the rear end collision was risking his families life, his wife and baby.. He was reacting to that threat.. I personally would not have tried to talk him down.. He was too amped.. I do not know what time frame all of this happened in, but maybe there was time before he got that mad.. pretty serious situation..
    If he was in a civilian setting, (not on base) and the driver had a gun, it might have gone differently.. The driver was impressively calm, maybe getting directions from passenger?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I really wonder if he could have been calmed down.. He screams that he felt the rear end collision was risking his families life, his wife and baby.. He was reacting to that threat.. I personally would not have tried to talk him down.. He was too amped.. I do not know what time frame all of this happened in, but maybe there was time before he got that mad.. pretty serious situation..
    If he was in a civilian setting, (not on base) and the driver had a gun, it might have gone differently.. The driver was impressively calm, maybe getting directions from passenger?

The two or three guys around him could have taken him down and talked some sense into him. Believe me, it would have not been the first time Marines have fought Marines with the intention of keeping one or the other out of MORE trouble. I could tell countless stories to this fact :)

I've even seen a CPL address himself as a Staff Sergeant during a situation similar inside the PX and immediately the SGT showed respect and backed off. Now of course later when he found out the dude was actually a CPL he wasn't happy, but hey, It worked right, adapt and overcome? lol

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wow. The kid needs help. What if he did this in a state like Louisiana and attempted to gain illegal access to the vehicle- and begins violently assaulting a driver buckled in his seat, who happens to be armed? The potential is certainly there for bad things to happen.....

EDIT: Just saw themcfarland brought up something silmilar, above...

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Wow. The kid needs help. What if he did this in a state like Louisiana and attempted to gain illegal access to the vehicle- and begins violently assaulting a driver buckled in his seat, who happens to be armed? The potential is certainly there for bad things to happen.....

EDIT: Just saw themcfarland brought up something silmilar, above...

Yea this is why I sort of figured it was on base from the beginning. There's some leeway there that could have given him some confidence to FREAK! Out in town it's possible he might not have been so brazen.

Again I’m not making excuses just trying help folks understand from a somewhat insider point of view.

He breaks the glass in LA and reaches in and someone shoots him in the face, sad story, but I wouldn’t flinch.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom