Marine stabbed to death in the French Quarter|UPDATE: GUILTY of 2nd Murder

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    2 suspects arrested in stabbing death of Marine in French Quarter

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/12/two_suspects_arrested_in_stabb.html
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/Two-arrested-in-Quarter-killing-of-Marine-111658969.html

121010+melvin+clay.jpeg

121010+marinemurder.jpg

121010+helaina+amrine.jpg

121010+marinemurder3.jpg

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "________________________________________________________!!" :mad::mad::mad:

(I choose to take the high road and censor myself. I do not have the proper words to express my anger over this.)

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Houston man indicted with second-degree murder of Marine Corps combat veteran in French Quarter

Melvin Clay, 37, is charged with second-degree murder and obstruction of justice in the Oct. 31 death of Sgt. Ryan Lekosky, 23, a native of Nueces, Texas, who was assigned to the Naval Air Station-Joint Reserve Base in Belle Chasse.

Clay's girlfriend Helaina Amrine, 22, pleaded not guilty Friday to a charge of accessory after the fact to second-degree murder. Amrine is also in Orleans Parish Prison under a $300,000 bond.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/02/houston_man_indicted_with_seco.html

:)

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Good work BRPD...HPD...HCSO, all the agencies involved GOOD WORK, sometimes the wheels turn slow but turn they did

These two look straight enough to slide by a lot of suspicion, apparently this was done by good poh leece work, not an accidental road stop.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Just a little FYI;

He was an Reserve Air Winger out of Belle Chasse Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, LA.

From what I see here below he went to Iraq twice and has at least 1 Combat Action Ribbon and a Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal with maybe a Combat V or Bronze Star distinguishing device.

SgtRyanLekosky.jpg

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Marine's accused killer to claim self-defense in 2010 French Quarter stabbing death

A 39-year-old Houston man, accused of fatally stabbing a decorated Marine wearing his dress blues in the French Quarter, intends to claim self-defense at his murder trial this week. As jury selection began Monday, defense attorney John Thomas focused his questions to potential jurors on whether they might be swayed by an argument of justifiable homicide.

"Does a person have a right to stand their ground if they're being attacked?" his lawyer asked potential jurors.
    Clay's girlfriend, 23-year-old Helaina Amrine, pleaded guilty in June to obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact, and agreed to testify against her ex-boyfriend. Police say she helped him burn clothes and hide evidence.

Louisiana law defines justifiable homicide as one in which a person might "reasonably believe that he is in imminent danger of losing his life or receiving great bodily harm and that the killing is necessary to save himself from that danger."

It is also extended to those acting to thwart a life-threatening violent crime, or confronted by an intruder in their home, business or vehicle. Thomas declined on Monday to discuss the particulars of the self-defense claim.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/12/marines_accused_killer_to_clai.html

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Its sad, He probably had a better chance of survival in a recognized war zone. I can't even comprehend how long it would take to get EMS to an emergency on Bourbon St.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Its sad, He probably had a better chance of survival in a recognized war zone. I can't even comprehend how long it would take to get EMS to an emergency on Bourbon St.

Not long at all, from what I've seen. (Unless there's not an ambo parked nearby-- they get through the foot traffic pretty easily.)

The downside is... people typically get trampled by the NOPD leading the charge, and may need emergency services themselves. ESPECIALLY during the Gras, when the horses come barreling through a crowd...

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Marine killer guilty of second-degree murder

A 39-year-old Houston man, who stabbed a decorated Marine seven times in the French Quarter, was found guilty of second-degree murder Friday. Melvin Clay was also convicted of obstruction of justice for his efforts to destroy evidence of the crime. He is facing a mandatory life sentence.

Clay admitted that he stabbed the Marine, though he claimed self-defense at his trial under the state's stand-your-ground law, which allows for someone to use deadly force to protect himself from intruders. Clay claimed he was attacked by the Marine's wife, who lunged into his car and threw the first punch.

Clay, a self-described gigolo and accused pimp, was joy-riding in the French Quarter early on the morning, cat-calling at women.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/12/marine_killer_guilty_of_second.html

Top Bottom