Masters 2012

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    Any golfers or golf fans on BS? Masters begins tomorrow, who's your top 3 picks?

We have an inter-company pool going, pick 3 winner takes all. 10 gbp to enter, so far it's up to about 2000 to the winner ($3400). Our Scotland office is very into it, the president of the company chastised me yesterday in an inter-company email for not picking any European players. I told him they don't stand a chance playing in the states since they all have metric balls. :rofl: He didn't laugh.

My top 3 picks are:
    1. Hunter Mahan
    2. Phil Mickelson
    3. Keegan Bradley

Then went on to predict

5. Donald
    6. Tiger
    9. Westwood
    12. Rory

g

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Danggg.I thought you was offering a bus to take us to the tournament :(..

I'm going with Rory,,tiger,,Mahan.
    Then maybe bradly,donald,perry

I just want to go watch !!!!! And not from a TV..

But it will help to at least watch some golf.Just ordered the R11s and a
    odessy white dart putter.They be here friday or monday.Just as well I
    guess,too wet to play this weekend anyway.

Tee it up >>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I'm SOOOOOOO glad I'm not going this year.

It's a mess. Traffic is horrendous. Airports are filled to capacity. Can't get a room within 90miles of the course. etc.

On the other hand, every time I've been, it's been short notice. Sometimes as short as I get a phone call Friday evening, and I'm in Augusta Saturday morning.

It was very cool the first time. Now, I prefer my lazy-boy, big screen, & many cold beers in the comfort of my air conditioned home.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Hmm.i lived in Florida for years and never grew tired of going to Ponte Vedra
    for the players championship.But I lived 15 miles from it,so I guess that makes
    it a bit easier:)

I miss the players championship,but I don't miss Florida.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Mickelson
    2. McIlroy
    3. Mahan

I was able to go to a practice day in 2004. I enjoyed looking at the course and appreciating how undulating the fairways and greens are as opposed to television views. TV makes them look flat. I could not believe how every line of grass, like around sand traps, was cut to an exact dimension.
    Pictue of Arnold Palmer and Davis Love III.
    12TeeArnoldDavisLove2.jpg

Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    Seeing famous people is great, and being at a huge event is a lot of fun too. Like you said, seeing it on tv gives you no perspective. If you can appreciate greenskeeping and landscaping, it really is amazing how perfect everything is. I can't manage to keep 1/4 acre looking like it was kept up by anyone other than a blind person lol. Tons of drunken shenanigans every time I've been, you don't see much of that on tv either. Good times

g

Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    Stenson hits two eagles and two birdies to lead the pack by a long ways at 10, seven under!!! Then a couple pars, then a couple bogeys, then absolutely shits the bed on 18 and shoots an 8 on a par 4. Back down to 1 under in about 30th place. First half was the best day of his life. I be he's somewhat suicidal at this point, lol. If you haven't seen any of the coverage, watch on masters.com live tomorrow. The course conditions are incredible and the HD coverage is amazing.

g

Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    Yep, there is definitely a lot of benefit to being a seasoned veteran at Augusta. Proud of my kid, still tons of opportunity for anyone to win it tomorrow. What about Stenson? He has played some of the best golf in tournament history. If you count out his last 5 holes on day one (8 on 18? lol) he'd be way ahead of the pack. Great golf by all, amazing course prep and unbelievable weather. This is how the Masters should be. Can't wait for Sunday!

Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    Ho Lee Crap what a second half. Great weekend of golf, never ceases to amaze me. Now I gotta get out and swing the sticks to contend next year! :p

Congrats to Bubba Watson, he deserves to win for sure.

g

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Hopefully now he can afford a haircut.

I'm not happy he won (I hate one hit wonders). I'm thrilled tiger sucked. So I guess it's a wash overall. :D

Top Bottom