Medical marijuana cardholders are banned from buying guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Then why make it a point to try and demonize the ones who choose to make that choice?

Demonize? LOL

A cancer patient and a pothead are not in the same boat, because they both have THC in their system.

Doesn't come off as someone who doesn't care or knows how to mind their own business.

Says the guy who isn't minding his own ****ing business.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    This isn't Colorado. When someone in Louisiana has been prescribed Medicinal Marijuana, it's not a bag of weed. You don't get a card to go shop for your favorite strain of drugs like they do in all the commie states. In Louisiana, you are prescribed "medicinal marijuana" in other forms, such as pills or liquids.

The folks talking pill form or liquids, in Louisiana, are actually taking it because they need it. The folks in Commiefornia and Colorado are rolling their own in the basement and getting high for fun.

Can someone tell me how smoking weed is more therapeutic than taking marinol (the pill)?

My personal opinion is that there may be people that really need to smoke weed for legitimate medical reasons but like everything else, I'm sure there are people that will abuse the system and lie to get their legal weed.

JR1572

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Demonize? LOL

A cancer patient and a pothead are not in the same boat, because they both have THC in their system.

But your average pot-head and meth-head arnt either. Same goes for the pot farmer and the meth cooker.

Not directed specifically at Dave but how do y'all feel about people who legally brew their own wine, whiskey, shine, ect? And even those who kind of cross that line and sell a buddy bottle, jar, ect?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Can someone tell me how smoking weed is more therapeutic than taking marinol (the pill)?

My personal opinion is that there may be people that really need to smoke weed for legitimate medical reasons but like everything else, I'm sure there are people that will abuse the system and lie to get their legal weed.

JR1572

The same can be said for any narcotic regularly prescribed and filled with no one giving the first crap about it. Example: my wife's doctor proscribed some pain killers after our first kid. That she never filled it because one she didn't need it and two she didn't want that in her system. She wrote the scrip with no real propting.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If you are a casual drinker you shoul not be allowed to obtain a DL. You might have a few too many and get behind the wheel and kill mass amounts of people. Healthcare is without a way to push gun control. Even home insurance (liability). May have to post a sign like the child predators have to during Halloween. Beware this home has guns inside and you never know when they will break out and go on a shooting rampage. I think they are also trying to paint every veteran with PTSD to deny them gun rights. But I guess I'm the tin foil freak. Oh, cars that are capeable of exceeding the speed limit should be only allowed to be driven on a race track by professional drivers. Not sold to the general public. Speed kills.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If you are a casual drinker you shoul not be allowed to obtain a DL. You might have a few too many and get behind the wheel and kill mass amounts of people. Healthcare is without a way to push gun control. Even home insurance (liability). May have to post a sign like the child predators have to during Halloween. Beware this home has guns inside and you never know when they will break out and go on a shooting rampage. I think they are also trying to paint every veteran with PTSD to deny them gun rights. But I guess I'm the tin foil freak. Oh, cars that are capeable of exceeding the speed limit should be only allowed to be driven on a race track by professional drivers. Not sold to the general public. Speed kills.

The only thing untrue was about tin foil. Thats for potatos.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    But your average pot-head and meth-head arnt either.

What are we talking about now? Make up your mind. Crystal Meth isn't a prescribed drug.

Not directed specifically at Dave but how do y'all feel about people who legally brew their own wine, whiskey, shine, ect? And even those who kind of cross that line and sell a buddy bottle, jar, ect?

If they produce it legally, I don't care.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    how do y'all feel about people who legally brew their own wine, whiskey, shine, ect? And even those who kind of cross that line and sell a buddy bottle, jar, ect?

I don't see why I should care. If they harm someone else in the process then hold them accountable. If not, it's all good in my book.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    What are we talking about now? Make up your mind. Crystal Meth isn't a prescribed drug.

If they produce it legally, I don't care.

I just find an unjust stigma associated with pot that has be drummed into our collective consciences. Its illegal sure but so was alcohol for a short time.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I just find an unjust stigma associated with pot that has be drummed into our collective consciences. Its illegal sure but so was alcohol for a short time.

I disagree with recreational drug usage just like I disagree with binge drinking. I like drinking a 10-16oz glass of a good beer with dinner occasionally, because I like the taste. I've never heard of anyone just smoking a little weed because it tastes good.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I disagree with recreational drug usage just like I disagree with binge drinking. I like drinking a 10-16oz glass of a good beer with dinner occasionally, because I like the taste. I've never heard of anyone just smoking a little weed because it tastes good.

Well there is also a far cry between drinking a few beers socially and benge drinking too. Moderation is to key to a happy and healthy life.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    There is no such thing as moderation when talking about prescription drugs.

I'm confused...If there is literally no such thing as moderation for rx drugs...Why do doctors give them to us? And how is it that doctors prescribe them all the time and the entire population isn't addicted to them?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Um... yes, there is.

I beg to differ.

Unless you want to argue semantics.

I'm confused...If there is literally no such thing as moderation for rx drugs...Why do doctors give them to us? And how is it that doctors prescribe them all the time and the entire population isn't addicted to them?

Don't get off topic, brochacho. Do some homework before you chime in next time.

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Further, the government entities that decide whether a drug or treatment is legal, illegal, over-the-counter, prescription only, schedule I, II, or III, are made up of regular men and women whose livelihoods depend on more regulations, i.e., more government interference with individual rights. This says nothing of the big pharma lobby, which is another issue onto itself. Understanding how well the ATF operates should shed some light on how well we can expect the DEA and FDA to be run.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Further, the government entities that decide whether a drug or treatment is legal, illegal, over-the-counter, prescription only, schedule I, II, or III, are made up of regular men and women whose livelihoods depend on more regulations, i.e., more government interference with individual rights. This says nothing of the big pharma lobby, which is another issue onto itself. Understanding how well the ATF operates should shed some light on how well we can expect the DEA and FDA to be run.

So are you for or against letting folks partake in recreational drug use?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    There is no such thing as moderation when talking about prescription drugs.

I beg to differ.

Unless you want to argue semantics.

Don't get off topic, brochacho. Do some homework before you chime in next time.

Um...ooookaaaay....let me try to rephrase

If there is no such thing as moderation when talking prescription drugs, then how do you account for the individual who can take prescribed opiates, takes them in moderation (ie the prescribed dosage amount), not become addicted, function normally on them, and cease taking them immediately?

Please keep in mind, your comment is very broad and encompasses ALL possibilities such as my example.

Is there some context i'm missing here?

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Ok, Dave, I apologize for snapping at you. This issue hits close to home for me in the sense that I have lost multiple friends and family members to different forms of cancer in the past 3 years, 5 to be exact including both of my parents. All of which, benefitted more from pot than any other substance they were prescribed legally and a few of which did not previously use it.
    Now, tell me a good reason why any of them should have been legally denied firearm rights for self defense other than the fact that "it's illegal".

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom