Mexico applauds U.S. vow to enforce ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    Mexico applauds U.S. vow to enforce weapon ban
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...mexguns_28nat.ART.State.Edition1.4a9ea03.html
    Mexico applauds U.S. vow to enforce long-ignored weapons ban

12:00 AM CST on Saturday, February 28, 2009

Traci Carl, The Associated Press

MEXICO CITY – President Felipe Calderón said that his police and soldiers are dangerously outgunned because U.S. authorities are failing to stop the smuggling of high-powered weapons into Mexico. His attorney general called for more aggressive prosecutions of gun smugglers, saying that the U.S. constitutional right to bear arms doesn't protect them.

"The Second Amendment was not put there to arm foreign criminal groups," Attorney General Eduardo Medina Mora said.

Calderón has complained for two years that the U.S. isn't carrying its weight in the cross-border drug war, despite the fact that American drug users ultimately finance the cartels.

"I'm fighting corruption among Mexican authorities and risking everything to clean house, but I think a good cleaning is in order on the other side of the border," Calderón said.

A U.S. government report released Friday found nearly all of Mexico's increasing drug killings involved weapons from north of the border.

President Barack Obama's administration is beginning to respond. On Wednesday, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder promised to enforce a long-ignored ban on importing assault weapons, many of which are resold illegally and smuggled into Mexico to resupply the cartels.

Calderón applauded Holder's announcement as "the first time ... in many years that the American government is starting to show more commitment."

Holder announced Wednesday that the Drug Enforcement Administration had rounded up 755 suspected Sinaloa cartel members and seized more than $59 million in drug money in the past 21 months.

Congress is also paying attention. Lawmakers included $10 million in the economic stimulus package for Project Gunrunner, a federal crackdown on U.S. gun-trafficking networks.

Cartels turn to the U.S. because Mexico's gun laws are much stricter – gun buys must be pre-approved by the Mexican defense department and are limited to light weapons, no higher than the standard .38-caliber. Larger calibers are considered military weapons and are off-limits to civilians.

Traci Carl,

The Associated Press
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm with Calderon all the way. I too think a good cleaning on this side of the border is in order. Let's start with the U.S. congress and go from there.

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Well allow us to go with the minute men and shoot these ****ing son of bitches that are crossing illegally heading north or south.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    you dont want our guns sneaking over,we dont want your people sneaking over,,,think we can make a deal???

i think its funny as hell they want to complain about someone smuggling something into their country when sneaking thigs across the boarder,,is a national sport in mexico

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    Our guns aren't the problem. The caretls are getting arms (FA's and grenades) from the Mexican army. Why do you think Mexico has refused to provide the US with the serial numbers of these alleged "US weapons"?;)

If we had SN's, don't you think our legions of Jack-Boot Thugs could trace these weapons back to their point of origin, and figure out who is doing it ?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Americans will applaud when the Mexican border is protected. They can keep their non tax paying, no insurance, no drivers license, non-English speaking, drunk driving, stealing, citizens at home where they belong. Why is it our problem Mexico can't secure their borders? Mexico already has restricted gun laws see link below. The weapons being smuggled into Mexico according to their laws are illegal. It's not our problem they can't enforce their laws. So Mexico wants to restrict law abiding Americans citizens gun rights. Give me a break. Ass backwards reasoning from an ass backwards country.

http://www.panda.com/mexicoguns/

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Well, I'd like to know how and where a bunch of Mexican drug dealers can get so many Full Auto weapons in the US. And I don't think for a second that they are paying $10-20k for an MP5.

Also, how are they getting so many Semi-Autos?

Why dont we seal our borders if we cant protect them?

ahhh politics...lying to pass agendas...

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    looks like mejico should hire black water for some good ol fashion sweep and clear...

on a side note i dont think we could build a fence big enough to stop the influx if illegals,,time for a mind field

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    looks like mejico should hire black water for some good ol fashion sweep and clear...

on a side note i dont think we could build a fence big enough to stop the influx if illegals,,time for a mind field

It's real simple. All we have to do is eliminate the sugar that attracts them. Once it's not worth their while to come over, they'll stop coming. Anything else, is like trying to urinate up a rope except, of course, for the very few, well connected cronies that stand to profit from it.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I think I can sum this up in one sentence...

F*ck Mexico!

I like the way you think...

Some stupid beaner said:
    soldiers are dangerously outgunned because U.S. authorities are failing to stop the smuggling of high-powered weapons into Mexico.

So we are failing to protect our border to stop smuggling of weapons..... Hmmmm...

How about instead of a weapons ban .. We just protect our borders......

How about, maybe.... what if........ They protect thier own ******* borders...

They are perfectly happy spending the money that the drug runners give them to look the other way.. But when those same drug runners decide that they are going to shoot at you rather than pay you that money.. All of a sudden its bad...

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Havent u guys figured it out yet . We have a changed America . It is our responsibility to police the world now at the tax payers dollar . Which by the way we are also helping out Mexico by making the American doller equal the peso . Dont u see . it all about change . Which by the way is all i about have left , change .

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    There was a joke going around post Katrina...

Dig a ditch along the Mexican border. Use the arrested illegal immigrants for labor before sending them home. Use the mud from the ditch to fix the levee's in NO. Fill the ditch with the alligators that are over running Florida... lots of problems solved.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I am really sure the Mexican drug cartels are worried about an AWB in the United States. I bet they are panic buying like the people are here.:rolleyes:

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I think I can sum this up in one sentence...

F*ck Mexico!

Exactly!

I have been calling for that for a long time. Probably cheaper and easier to maintain than a fence.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The correct answer is to close the border. It's the answer to quite a few problems. Heck, it would probably create jobs through the support needs. No politician wants to lose votes though. It's quite frustrating.

It won't help Mexico though. IMO most of their guns come from south of Mexico or Mexico itself.

Top Bottom