Miculeks 3 Gun Match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmccal8

:|
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Shreveport
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some more information about Miculek's 3 gun match on Dec 30. This will be my first 3 gun match and I'm trying to gather the needed gear. I shot a steel match in Thibodaux last spring so I'm completely unfamiliar with the safety rules of a match.
    I need to figure out if I need to buy any extra mags. I have a Browning hi-power, Ar15 and 870. I currently have 2 30round AR mags but only 1 13round hi power mag. Will I need 1 or 2 more hi power mags? They're somewhat expensive and i'm trying to invest as little as possible here. Another question is: what kind of shotgun ammo is needed? 7.5 shot? Any slugs?
    Any other considerations I should be thinking about?
    Thanks

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    You may need slugs, depending on stage requirements, but any good birdshot will do on the steel targets. You will also need a min of 3 pistol mags. 4 would be better in case you miss a lot or have a bad mag. 2 - 30rd ar mag should be fine, but I always carry 3 in case of mad mag

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I'll find out some details and post them here tomorrow or Sunday. My neighbor is MD'ing this one and he had several stage questions for me the other day, so I know he's working on it.
    Yes, it will be at Clark Custom Gun in Princeton. It'll only be 4 or 5 stages. All close range, hoser stuff since none of the bays are long. Probably no slugs since the range doesn't own any slug/rifle steel.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Ok. The match is on Sunday Dec. 30. Starts at 9am. $20. 4 stages. No slugs. About 60 rounds of each. Clark Custom Gun in Princeton, LA. Just east of Haughton on Hwy. 80.

mmccal8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Shreveport
    There's no ammo in the Shreveport bossier area left to buy!
    I can't find any 9mm in town and I've only been able to acquire 70 rounds of 223.

mmccal8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Shreveport
    I borrowed some ammo from a friend and went out and shot it. I really enjoyed it. Definitely will be back for another. I learned quite a few things. I need to do a little work on my gear. Digging mags out of my back pockets and my pistol jamming caused me a ton of time. With a solid gear setup and more practice I could be much more competitive and have a lot more fun.

Top Bottom