Mid-range F-class....4th of July match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    good news everyone. ashlynn got beat by 2 guys today. ritten who beat me by 12 points and me who beat her by 1x. better luck next time ash

That's good.....Ya'll got it out of your system. I should be there for the August match:squint:
    Longrange actually shot ? What was the scores ? He's unbanned too ?

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    im not sure if im gonna be shooting the match in august just yet. im thinking of driving to houston to shoot the 1000 yard f class match. but not sure yet. ill only have my new barrel for about a week or 2 by that time and trying to see if i should wait

AKliebert

F-Class Mid-Range Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    MY HOUSE!!!
    good news everyone. ashlynn got beat by 2 guys today. ritten who beat me by 12 points and me who beat her by 1x. better luck next time ash

ooooooooooooo wow 1 single x. u rele put a whooping on me. man i sure hope i learn. :D but i dont care bout winnning. i dont care what happens as long as everyone is safe and having a good ole time. i tried my best today and congrats to u guys. Ted and Shaun, yall did some good shooting today. O well I cant win every time.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    ooooooooooooo wow 1 single x. u rele put a whooping on me. man i sure hope i learn. :D but i dont care bout winnning. i dont care what happens as long as everyone is safe and having a good ole time. i tried my best today and congrats to u guys. Ted and Shaun, yall did some good shooting today. O well I cant win every time.

Thanks Ash. You shot pretty good as well considering the swirling that the wind had going on today! Even Whitney said today was the toughest wind that there is to shoot in. Maybe Shaun won't have any more excuses next match!:rofl:

AKliebert

F-Class Mid-Range Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    MY HOUSE!!!
    Thanks Ash. You shot pretty good as well considering the swirling that the wind had going on today! Even Whitney said today was the toughest wind that there is to shoot in. Maybe Shaun won't have any more excuses next match!:rofl:

Ugh that stupid wind. Shaun thinks he got me good. Haha i had fun today though:)

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Sorry I had to leave early guys (and gal). Who won the prone match and what was the score? I had a pretty good start, but duty called.

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    Just cause you weren't there to get beat too doesn't mean it wouldn't have happened!!! LOL

I shot a 565-15x but not sure what everyone else got.

i got a 553-9x to ashlynns 553-8x. i would say i got very lucky today, yes ash u heard me right. im not as good as a wind reader as ash and ted so i got luckt that ash had the troubles she had. but i do believe that my new scope helped me out a bit. i can see the target clearer with more magnification. and the 1 moa retical helped guild me on target.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    They let me win w/ 85.

For those who were not there, I will translate. Bob won the prone match with a 585/600. Just to make things interesting, he was shooting a .223 AR-15 loaded with magazine length 77 Sierras. Considering the challenging winds today, that was an incredible display of wind doping and trigger pulling. To give you some idea - a 1 mph change in wind speed would change the impact of his bullet 4". The wind was not only changing speed, but also direction. Keeping ahead of it was quite a feat. Winning, in light of the fact that everyone else was shooting bullets with 10 - 40% higher ballistic coefficients, was more so.

Dan

Last edited:

AKliebert

F-Class Mid-Range Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    MY HOUSE!!!
    i got a 553-9x to ashlynns 553-8x. i would say i got very lucky today, yes ash u heard me right. im not as good as a wind reader as ash and ted so i got luckt that ash had the troubles she had. but i do believe that my new scope helped me out a bit. i can see the target clearer with more magnification. and the 1 moa retical helped guild me on target.

Shaun just face it..............the wind is just not ur friend:mamoru: But you shot very well today. Good Job.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    I just want to say Whittney is one awesome shooter , putting those numbers up under those conditions, hats off to a true master.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Whitney has more experience than most. He is a Distinguished Rifleman. I believe he also shot with the Army Marksmanship Unit. He is a fine gentleman. He is also willing to teach. He is one of those guys that you should listen to when he is speaking.

How did you like the match? We have a good bit of fun out there.

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    that is true ash, but im am learning. very slowly i might add. till we meet again, at least i can say i beat u once within the last what is it? 5 or 6 trys? lol, u shot awesome today but i guess next time were gonna have team up and whoop up on the new champ. TED, lol

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Oh i had alot of fun, everyone was very welcoming and easy going for a newbie, i would suggest that anyone just grab a rifle and go out there for alot of fun with some real fun gun folks. Wanted to thank everyone for having me out there today. I was shooting Kajun's Aussie surplus 147gr ammo today in that wind, so it was alot of fun! Ill settle for a 500 and a crapload of fun! Im looking forward to shooting in F-Open next time and get away from those .308's and get back to what i know so i dont look so bad,lol.

Again, awesome fun and everyone should go out there! It doesnt take anything fancy, take your deer rifle out and have some fun! I did learn the difference between a 500 and a 550 today... about 2 inches,lol.

Im banned so i wont be posting here much, not looking to stir up the pot but wanted to give credit where its due and let everyone know what a great time it is out there! Thanks again guys!.... and Girl,lol.

Top Bottom