mid range f class match 6-6-09

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    You will get to meet the pitiless Ashlynn and watch her first hand deliver her monthly "lesson" to S.I.T. and Ritten. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've seen the after action posts where the ambulance was called to carry away the defeated. :mamoru:

I look forward to watching her "teach" class. :)

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    I will be there if my savage 223 is finished and I can work it around closing on some property. This would be my first match but not the first time shooting 600+ yds. Would be the smallest caliber I have shot that far.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I'll be there. It'll be my 1st match, so have pity.

I'll be there. You'll have greenhorn company.

Can anyone suggest stuff we should bring beside ammo, gun, and stuff we'd normally bring to plink @ 100yds.?

Also, I have zeroed my scope at 100yds. I really don't know how much vertical adjustment I took up (It seemed like a lot). The normal come-up for 600yds. is 16.25 inches, right? Should I check that I have that much elevation left. I don't have a cant base. My scope has 30 MOA total adjustment.

It's this one:
    http://www.nikonhunting.com/riflescopes-monarch-monarch-6-24x50sf.html

Thanks, sorry for all the questions.

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    tulse luper, we need info on your rifle to determine that one. what caliber, what bullet and weight, and the velosity is needed. also, what class will u be shooting

peter, ive got a 16 power millet soon to be a us optics 3.8-22. there are people with more magnification than that.

match starts at 8:30, but try to be there before 8. the fee is 15 i believe

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    tulse luper, we need info on your rifle to determine that one. what caliber, what bullet and weight, and the velosity is needed. also, what class will u be shooting
    24" barrel 1:12", .308, 168gr SMK...

Velocity, I have no idea... no chrony. My rifle shoot best @ 100yds with ~40.4 gr. of IMR4895. I've loaded as high as 42.3gr.

I'll be shooting F-TR (I assume).

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I agree that all the shooters I've met through SLHP have been very friendly and helpful.

Will LongRange be making his long anticipated match with Ritten?

Last edited:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I'm hoping so. I can wait to see the infamous sub moa 600-66x. That should be cool

That would be a neat trick to get 66 Xs with only 60 shots. :D

Come on out guys. It will be fun. Tulse, you can figure out whether you have the adjustment. You will need between 16 and 17 MOA of elevation. Just zero your rifle 16.5" high at 100 yards and you should be right on the money. Remember the target backer is 6' X 6' so you will be on the paper for your first shot even if you are a couple minutes off in elevation. If you have a spotting scope or binoculars, you should bring it for scoring other shooters. A folding chair, pen and clipboard are good too.

Top Bottom