Midway small vent

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    $18 cheapest shipping option on a sub $60 order . . . REALLY!!!
    My entire order has to be on sale to be worth the shipping cost.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    That's why I won't order from them anymore. 100% taking advantage of making money off shipping costs. So many other better places to order from than them.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I have been useing the slickguns site ALOT for great deals. I hate shipping. We need startrek transporters.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I have been useing the slickguns site ALOT for great deals. I hate shipping. We need startrek transporters.

Same here. I check it numerous times a day. I get great deals all the time. Just have to know what things cost exactly and whats a deal or not especially with ammo. You then have to factor in shipping.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    It's not about how much your order costs, it's about how much it weighs. You can go to UPS's website to get a shipping quote to see if they are trying to profit off of the shipping or not.

90% of the time if you get a quote it's very close to what they are charging you. The cost of gas goes up, the cost of shipping goes up :dunno:

What's really going to **** you off is when the law goes into effect that they have to charge sales tax for online orders.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It's not about how much your order costs, it's about how much it weighs.

This, and then there can be Hazmat fees on some items like powder and primers. I've had no issues with the shipping charges at Midway. Sometimes I'm even able to have my whole order shipped for around $4 USPS First Class if the items are light. Plus there are the AR15.com coupons for $10 off $50, $15 off $100, etc.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I would understant if I had ordered powder, ammo, or lead ingots but I ordered a range bag and a couple pair of glasses.
    My invoice doesnt have a shipping weight but im guessing 2.5 lbs max.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I would understant if I had ordered powder, ammo, or lead ingots but I ordered a range bag and a couple pair of glasses.

I shipped an item that weighed 18 ounces last week through the post office. The cheapest I could ship is was $8.57 for parcel post.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Its been years since I ordered from Midway, they stick it to you on shipping and wanting you to donate to the NRA to round up a dollar.

Brownells has ALL my business now, I enjoy their $5 shipping on items under a certain weight ( I think its 2 pounds max)

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    I was just pricing some barrels for an AR project, as well as getting shipping quotes, and Midway was cheaper on shipping than most of the places that have the kind of barrel I want.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Can you provide the item numbers of what you ordered? I'd like to see how much the shipping charges show for me.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    I have had this same experience with Midway on some items. On other items shipping seems to be fine. I can't pinpoint it. I understand weight and size is a factor but the shipping cost don't seem to directly correlate. :dunno:

old jim

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I placed an order for a lot of reloading gear. This order was for several hundred dollars. I also ordered a len's pen for cleaning scopes. Well I recieved an e-mail stating the len's pen was on backorder and did I still want it and I agreed to wait on it. I recieved my order of supplies in four days, then about 3 weeks I recieved the len's pen and they charged me $9.00 shipping for a $8.00 on sale item. No more orders from me.
    Jim

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    They just charged me $9 for a barrel & a few small parts. With Midway, don't say yes to items on BO unless you are having the whole order wait, because you get hit for shipping twice...once on in stock items, then again when the BO items arrive. If multiple items are on BO and come in at different times, they ship when each item gets in, not all together. Gotta know how the system works to take advantage of it.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    That should be a clear indicator they're hurtin for business or they just cant compete any longer,that is hard to believe..
    That's why I won't order from them anymore. 100% taking advantage of making money off shipping costs. So many other better places to order from than them.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time because of the shipping and because everything I go to look for on their site is on back order.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom