Militia members take over federal building

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just A Number

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    The land was leased from the Federal government, just because these guys have had long term leases does not make them the owners. They were making their living by renting land and then trying to act like they owned it. This is a tenant vs owner argument writ large. This isn't the hill to plant a flag on, certainly not by these people and in the manner in which they are doing it. And if john taxpayer wants to use the property he is paying for, what happens then?

If you take all of the problems that the locals have had with the feds over the decades, in this case the BLM, whether real or imagined, and the overall mentality of your stereotypical freedom loving resident of the United States, the BLM is a real easy target and as we can see here, it doesn't take much anymore for a small group of folks to go swinging at windmills where the BLM is involved. Do they have a real bitch? Yeah, probably so. Have they picked an appropriate place, time and people to put up on the pedestal as example of BLM stupidity? Um no.

I don't understand is the sense of entitlement to use the public lands for gain that these folks seem to have. Perhaps it's a necessary aspect of surviving in that region, a need to use the lands to feed their herds, but why are they more entitled to benefit than I? Proximity? I mean I have no opportunity to use that land, and no chance of "profiting" from it. I can't roll up to the nearby National Park and graze my herd, I can't start fires, I can't dig wells, I can't divert run-off, and I can't hold an off road race. Like ever. I can't go to the Federal Courthouse and hold a birthday party... Why, then are the western holdings different? "Because...shut up!" they explained.

One of the reasons the federal government is holding the land tracts in the west is to prevent the type of over-parceling that has been experienced in the Eastern half of the US. The government is under no obligation that I can see to offer the land for use as it does, but clearly sees a benefit to the economy and overall productivity of the region by doing so. It is an acknowledgment of the reality of the harshness of life in that region.

Certainly there is no "right" to have exclusive access to government-owned, public land to graze cattle. It is practical that the government does this, as it helps control the land use by assigning responsibility to it through the lease terms, which effectively limits overuse, or should by providing exclusive lease rights which keep others from using it. The land in question was acquired by the Federal government through war, annexation, and purchase agreements with other nations. It was then divided into territories and eventually made into states. To me it is interesting that the Federal Government in essence created these states and invited the population in, often with sweet land deals. Contrast that to the original colonies, which agreed to join the Union and were never owned by the Federal Government. This is a reason the land holdings are so much larger in the west...they were not privately-owned to start with.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Fair enough I accept your assesment and will correct my actions. I will send a a few emails to our congressmen today.

Once you do that then commence the bitching.........

At least then you can say you let the powers that be know where you stood via the portal they provide. Vitter or his staff will actually email you back. They have emailed me back every single time.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Fair enough I accept your assesment and will correct my actions. I will send a a few emails to our congressmen today.

Do so, it only takes about twice as long as it takes to post here If you request it, someone from their staff will respond. And if you sign up for their mailing list, you will know what they are up to. It's easy, and nowadays, it doesn't even cost a stamp. I don't bother with a long essay about how I stand, or try to convince them of my position, I just give them a line or two telling them how I feel and what I want them to do. I can't help but think they don't read all the long ones. I elected them, and it's their job to listen to their people.

Personally, if I find myself upset enough about something or feel strongly enough about something that I am posting or talking to someone else about it, I've expressed this to the people who I have elected to represent me.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Once you do that then commence the bitching.........

At least then you can say you let the powers that be know where you stood via the portal they provide. Vitter or his staff will actually email you back. They have emailed me back every single time.

Do so, it only takes about twice as long as it takes to post here If you request it, someone from their staff will respond. And if you sign up for their mailing list, you will know what they are up to. It's easy, and nowadays, it doesn't even cost a stamp. I don't bother with a long essay about how I stand, or try to convince them of my position, I just give them a line or two telling them how I feel and what I want them to do. I can't help but think they don't read all the long ones. I elected them, and it's their job to listen to their people.

Personally, if I find myself upset enough about something or feel strongly enough about something that I am posting or talking to someone else about it, I've expressed this to the people who I have elected to represent me.

My rep has heard from me and by this time tomorrow will have emailed both our Senators.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Last edited:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

Right on.

They all get read by a deputy chief of staff, who meets with the Senator or Rep weekly and will forward some of the emails received directly to the Senator or Rep. I have received a personal phone call from Vitter before on a VA issue. My cousin is a deputy chief of staff in DC for one of the LA Reps. We are lucky in that our Crew in DC at least makes an effort to listen, as I have been told not all states are as lucky.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That guy must live in a tin foil house....

What's worse is some people actually believe this crap. The same government people claim is dumb and run by a bunch of idiots manages to keep all this secret. Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    That guy must live in a tin foil house....

Perhaps. But there are so many conspiracies that people in our government have been proven to be mixed up in. It just fuels the fire. Is the author of that post a nut? I have no idea.

I've been giving the posibility of a government sponsored scheme some thought and honestly while I'm about to make a case for how this could benefit "them", I am not ready to say this is what is happening.

I have been saying since election night 2008 that this president will not go quietly at the end of his elected term. He feels he has a mandate (from where I have no idea) to completely change this country as we know it. Personally I think he has done a pretty bang up job of screwing things up, but like most wacko liberals he will not be content to go away and leave things incomplete. Thats why I believe he has been helping to sow seeds of civil unrest from his very first chance. I believe he has been hoping for an opertunity at a marshal law declaration. You know never let a good crisis go to waste. Now if the malitia guys are patsies to a much more complicated agenda this could make sense.

Again I dont know.

All I really know is this president is a wacko. He's calculated, heartless, and is not affraid to lie his backside off to accomplish his goal. Another words there is nothing I would put past him or his kind.

Last edited:

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by dirty dan That's the same **** the feds fell back on to bolster their position at Waco.

Oh yeah, you mean the perfectly sane guy on the compound. I think he also had fully automatic weapons also, I could be wrong though. The government was enforcing the law but made a silly decision to use the force they did with kids in the compound.

You don't send the ATF to arrest child molesters. Good try.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by dirty dan That's the same **** the feds fell back on to bolster their position at Waco.

What? Who mentioned child molesters?

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

Whether you agree with the tactics and events of the Waco raid or not, the fact remains the investigation was not about investigating a child molester. The probable cause for the search warrant was relative to the illegal manufacturing and possession of unregistered NFA weapons. The fact that the dude was a child molester was just lagniappe that the media picked up and pulled to the front of the story.

Read it: http://www.jaedworks.com/shoebox/waco.html

No mention of child sex abuse.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    They maybe acting a little extreme for most people. But I find it interesting to see a group of people sticking up for what they believe in to the fullest extent of possibly being killed. Even though many people would think it would be a silly reason to die for, it just kinda shows another glimmer of hope and that theres people with spines still in existence.

THIS^^^^^^^^^:bigok:

Top Bottom