Mind blown at the number of people

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    On a daily basis I see cars with the highbeams on. And at least once a week someone with the lights off at night. Drives me nuts. Mind you it's probably less than 5 miles from work/gym/house but the number of retards from one spot to the other is astounding. Darn Algiers

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    In Livingston parish people drive everywhere with their highs on. I got tired of being blinded at night, so I figured if I cant battle it to make it stop ill battle them another way. I installed 55w 5000k hids in my lows and high beam (they're crazy bright) and I installed a 28" led light bar behind the grille of my bumper so you cant tell its there till I flip the power switch. I keep that under wraps unless someone purposely blinds me with their highs.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Funny you mention that, I've been kicking the idea around of sticking an LED light bar on the roof of my Accord for the same purpose. I know my high beams just won't get the point across and I encounter a jackass with high beams on at least twice a day, often more.

Equally annoying, I passed some jackass in a Jeep Cherokee the other day who apparently thought the LED DRLs were headlights and had no other lights (ya know, the not-so-important taillights) on at night.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Funny you mention that, I've been kicking the idea around of sticking an LED light bar on the roof of my Accord for the same purpose. I know my high beams just won't get the point across and I encounter a jackass with high beams on at least twice a day, often more.

Equally annoying, I passed some jackass in a Jeep Cherokee the other day who apparently thought the LED DRLs were headlights and had no other lights (ya know, the not-so-important taillights) on at night.

Don't put it on the roof. Between looking tacky and the wind noise it creates, you will hate it. Mount it in the grille of bumper, on dash inside of\against windshield, etc.... Try to keep it low key if possible... No need for unwanted attention. You can look at my 2015 Mazda 5 in a parking lot all day and never notice it. Flip the toggle switch and BAM! Lol... Seriously though, you will hate yourself if you drill holes in the roof of your car to mount it... Water leaks, wind noise, looks, etc.... All potential problems putting it up there...

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    In Livingston parish people drive everywhere with their highs on. I got tired of being blinded at night, so I figured if I cant battle it to make it stop ill battle them another way. I installed 55w 5000k hids in my lows and high beam (they're crazy bright) and I installed a 28" led light bar behind the grille of my bumper so you cant tell its there till I flip the power switch. I keep that under wraps unless someone purposely blinds me with their highs.

I'm trying to understand this. You were tired of people blinding you at night so you got some "crazy bright" high beams and low beams. How does this help you not get blinded at night? Aren't you now just blinding everyone else?

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I didn't think about it but my lights being as bright as they are somehow offset theirs making it not so bad. My car has oem projector headlight housings so there is a sharp line of light that doesn't blind people with excessive glare. My lights look oem with a twist. Now when I turn my highs on they really get to where they blind people. I try not to purposely do it though unless I'm returning a favor.

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I didn't think about it but my lights being as bright as they are somehow offset theirs making it not so bad. My car has oem projector headlight housings so there is a sharp line of light that doesn't blind people with excessive glare. My lights look oem with a twist. Now when I turn my highs on they really get to where they blind people. I try not to purposely do it though unless I'm returning a favor.

I doubt you getting brighter lights counteracts the effects of their ultra bright lights shining in your eyes, and it certainly has no effect when they are tailgating you from behind and you get blinded through the rearview. You will blind them as well, but by doing so you accept everyone else as collateral damage. The net result of all this is now there is just one more person blinding everyone but themselves.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Your probably right. Tell ya what though. I can definitely see better at night when I'm going down all those back roads in Livingston that aren't lit up at all

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Alright if all y'all are getting blinded all the time by bright headlights then that means you live in the country. When you gonna invite me to shoot on your land?

Back to crazy stuff people do, I am pretty strict about observing school zone speed limits. I mean i mayb not go exactly the speed, but within a few mph's. People pass me all the time, sometimes even blowing their horn. But what really gets me is when a school bus blows me off the road.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    who think it's a good idea to not turn on their headlights in the fog.

Am I the only one who literally can not see a person in the fog if their lights are off?

My neighbor thought he could see better in the fog with his lights off. A semi truck pulled out in front of him because he wasn't seen and the neighbor was killed when he hit the semi in the side. It's not just a matter of what you see, but what other drivers also see. Please be careful out there.

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    My neighbor thought he could see better in the fog with his lights off. A semi truck pulled out in front of him because he wasn't seen and the neighbor was killed when he hit the semi in the side. It's not just a matter of what you see, but what other drivers also see. Please be careful out there.

Sad story, but I'm sure it happens too often. In the deep fog others are simply blind to us if their lights are not on. Same goes for the rear. Driving lights don't count because they don't (typically) turn on the rear lights. We need full on midnight driving all points lights on in the fog. Stress this to your children.

TheFinalWizard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2014
    Louisiana
    who think it's a good idea to not turn on their headlights in the fog.

Am I the only one who literally can not see a person in the fog if their lights are off?

I enjoy the challenge of driving with the lights on and further limiting my vision and situational awareness. It's like a self test, the results of which potentially devastating.

Top Bottom