Misfire problem

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S.lambert

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge.
    Anyone having misfire problem with their Taurus semi-auto. Currently have 24/7 Pro C and am having misfires. Doesn't happen with all ammo only certain types. Could this be an ammo issue?

S.lambert

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge.
    would shoot a few rounds then have a misfire..clear the round and would not have another misfire for the rest of the mag...shot about 200 rounds yesterday and had 4 misfires...first two were with American Eagle 115gr and the other 2 were with Federal Hydra-shock 124gr

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Look at the firing pin indentions on the misfires and see if it look like the pins has good striking force to the primer. If it doesn't it could be a spring problem or maybe some gunk in the firing pin area. Just a thought.

S.lambert

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge.
    did get some gunk out of the firing pin area. i did switch ammo and shot another 50 rounds without a misfire..anyone know of a good way to clean the firing pin area...kind of hard to get in there

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    did get some gunk out of the firing pin area. i did switch ammo and shot another 50 rounds without a misfire..anyone know of a good way to clean the firing pin area...kind of hard to get in there

I bought something at Academy, can't remember name. It's a cleaner stuff with a spray wand that sticks in the nozzle. I used it to blow the gunk out of an sks bolt/firing pin area. I think it was a remington brand but not sure. But it did the job.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Do NOT put lube or cleaning crap down in the striker/pin hole. Clean that area with the muzzle pointed down and then use blast of canned air. Keep that area clean and as dry as possible.

Top Bottom