Mississippi passes constitutional carry law today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Mississippi has shrewd Constitutional minded Legislators that understand the importance and need of the 2nd Amendment and we (Louisiana), have Barbara Norton (Moron), and John Bagneris and Jimmy Harris (Phony Liberal Douches). :doh:

Daily prayer - "Oh Lord, please help phony black democrat Legislators understand that one day, the blacks they exploit and use as disposable pawns in their misguided horseshit agendas, will/may wake up and realize that party has never been about helping them!" Amen!

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Things like this make me wonder. Over the past few years numerous states have become "constitutional carry". To me this is a huge affirmation of our right to keep and bear arms per the 2nd amendment. Even in states without constitutional carry there are massive numbers of people getting carry permits, buying guns in general, etc.

So..... With all the current attention the supreme court and presidential election is getting at the moment, what if Hillary/Bernie is elected and we get an ultra liberal court who wants to massively limit the rights of millions who now fully embrace what for lack of better terms I would have to call a "concealed carry" or "shooting" lifestyle? How is that gonna play in real life?

I'm not trying to set people off on rants. I honestly just see this as a real dichotomy.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I suppose it will be like CT where they estimate that there are 300,000 law breakers who failed to register their "assault weapons." NY has their law breakers from the SAFE act, too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankmi...-register-their-assault-weapons/#4db6bcbabdf2

Things like this make me wonder. Over the past few years numerous states have become "constitutional carry". To me this is a huge affirmation of our right to keep and bear arms per the 2nd amendment. Even in states without constitutional carry there are massive numbers of people getting carry permits, buying guns in general, etc.

So..... With all the current attention the supreme court and presidential election is getting at the moment, what if Hillary/Bernie is elected and we get an ultra liberal court who wants to massively limit the rights of millions who now fully embrace what for lack of better terms I would have to call a "concealed carry" or "shooting" lifestyle? How is that gonna play in real life?

I'm not trying to set people off on rants. I honestly just see this as a real dichotomy.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

In your scenario, that bunch of America haters will immediately set up a false but planned legal challenge, to say; Mississippi's proposed law; and then get the court to vote the way they always intended phony ideologically driven Justices to vote.

However, I would then believe that a good portion of pro-gun Americans will reject all of that crap and just silently and involuntarily become criminals by happenstance.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    "criminals by happenstance" - good way to describe it. Just by going about our normal daily lives, I have always wondered about what laws and regulations we break (by happenstance). In todays world, I think if some official wanted to wreck your life or lock you up they wouldn't have much trouble trumping up the means to do it.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    That sir is correct
    "criminals by happenstance" - good way to describe it. Just by going about our normal daily lives, i have always wondered about what laws and regulations we break (by happenstance). In todays world, i think if some official wanted to wreck your life or lock you up they wouldn't have much trouble trumping up the means to do it.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

I think you will see as others have said a bunch of good people saying eff the law.

And the "COME AND TAKE IT" crowd (myself included in this one) will be all fired up.

Succession petitions will be passed arould like skittles.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    My next thought.

If you are forced to go "underground", it may not be a big deal for you if you have a gun or two and still have the original box of ammo you purchased with it at the same time. On the other hand, if you shoot IDPA, USPSA, go to courses, or even like to shoot on your own property what happens?? Does all that just disappear?

Sorry for the thread jack and possible big jumps in the process, but these are things that I've considered more than once.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    "criminals by happenstance" - good way to describe it. Just by going about our normal daily lives, I have always wondered about what laws and regulations we break (by happenstance). In todays world, I think if some official wanted to wreck your life or lock you up they wouldn't have much trouble trumping up the means to do it.

That sir is correct

Sad to say this is true. You can't sneeze without doing something wrong. Funniest/saddest example I have heard was an EPA audit where a half drank coke sitting on the counter, still cold, found its way into the "sould have been labled" list. If only our founders could see us now!

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    What would eventually happen is what happened to LA when it came to raising the legal drinking age. LA was the last holdout to raise the drinking age to 21....why did they finally cave in? Because the Feds enacted removing all federal highway funding to states that didn't raise the age limit.

Louisiana should have bowed up and put toll booths at both ends of I-10, 20 and 55 and waited to see what happened. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    My next thought.

If you are forced to go "underground", it may not be a big deal for you if you have a gun or two and still have the original box of ammo you purchased with it at the same time. On the other hand, if you shoot IDPA, USPSA, go to courses, or even like to shoot on your own property what happens?? Does all that just disappear?

Sorry for the thread jack and possible big jumps in the process, but these are things that I've considered more than once.

Well i think you will see the people revolt before there is a complete blockaid on ammo to civilians. You hear people talk about the 3% who fought the British and won. I think under a massive government seige the gun loving God fearing crowd will be much larger than 3% and insergency is a hard thing to fight against.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well you guys all remember what you are saying here! Because if that day ever comes where owning 30 round mags are illegal (for instance), and you hear of some normally "law abiding" guy that got stopped on I-12 for a busted tail light, and was found to have the illegal mags in his trunk, then you better be willing to help him anyway you can. Because if any prosecutions become easy, the rest fall like domino's!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I think we will at some point see a gun ban. I do not believe there's enough people willing to die and go to jail to overthrow today's government. Let's just enjoy our gun rights as long as we can so later in life we can talk about the good old days!

Oh and good for Mississippi I hope the vote sticks!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom