Moon Clips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    Does anyone know if there is an HTC/Safariland type speed loader which would drop a loaded speed clip into a revolver. I'm not talking about a tool to help load the cartridges into the moon clip. Also, any thoughts on moon clips such as spring steel, versus stainless, versus plastic/nylon? Thanks

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    There was a guy making "Speed Sticks" which worked just like the Safariland Comp III speedloaders but with a moonclip. Hadn't heard anything from them in quite a while. A search may get you the info.
    If your triggers have reduced pull weights, stay away from the plastic moonclips. The plastic absorbs enough energy that ignition may not be consistant.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I competed for several years in the revolver division of USPSA. I don't understand why you'd need a speedloader for a moon clip. It would slow down the reloading process.

Dave

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Dave, the speed sticks are FAST. I got to see them in use at a couple of the ICORE Southern Regionals. Moonclips are fast but the speed sticks made them faster.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Ok I'm not familiar them then. Do you a link or something? I keep finding underarm deodorant when I do a search. :)

dave

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I was looking too. Can't seem to find them. A guy that goes by "bubber" on enos is who had them. I'll see if I can contact him and get more info.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Speed Sticks are no longer in production. They were all hand made, one at a time and it wasn't worth it to the guy making them to continue.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    It was a handle for moonclips. Kinda looked like a Comp III speedloader. Part of it went through the hole in the clip and put pressure on the cases to keep them from wiggling around, making the reload easier and faster.

Last edited:

SpeedStick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    LaPlace
    56cbsvzke3xwp7y04bmf.jpg

h6mlzsusvw96qcmy3fky.jpg

Hi All, my name is Phil and I made the SpeedSticks. Les came up with the idea and Gene modified it and I produced them. It took an hour to make one using a lathe and a mill, very time consuming. I sold them all over the world for several years but finally quit. It wasn't a handle per se. It only protruded an inch above the moonclip. I uploaded a couple pictures and if anyone would like to ask some questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
    Thanks,
    Phil

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Hi Phil. Thanks for coming online to answer my dumb questions.

So they worked like a Safariland Speedloader but held the moon clips instead? Did they work with the Speed-e-rack? I wish I had noticed them before they went away. But I bet Lloyd has a few. :) He has a few of everything.

Dave

Top Bottom