moonshine??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    to the LEOs,
    then was the last time you arrested someone for making moonshine? is that something you would even care about..and what are the regs. on what you could be arrested for,,just tired if hearing rumors,iv heard you would have to pay the tax on what youve made,if its not for sale its legal??? but i dont think any distilled liqure is allowed for personal use or not.

usafcajun

USAF/LEO/IT
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Assumption Parish
    You can make moonshine legally, along with beer, wine, and other hard liquors. It is the selling of said alcohol that is illegal. I make my own wine.......I'm legally allowed to make up to 200 gals per year. I can give it away to friends and family but cannot get paid for it. That's called bootlegging.

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    You can make moonshine legally, along with beer, wine, and other hard liquors. It is the selling of said alcohol that is illegal. I make my own wine.......I'm legally allowed to make up to 200 gals per year. I can give it away to friends and family but cannot get paid for it. That's called bootlegging.

as far as i know liqours made threw the distilation process is illegal,,,but i dont know the laws and punishment involved..you can get a permit to do it but you have to be able to make a ass load to beble to make it and sell,it but private consumption is still illegal..

beer,wine,courdials dont fall under this catagory

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I thought it wad to be below a certain proof to be legal that moonshine is like 180 proof or something.

It takes like ass, just like everclear and rubbing alcohol

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    ive been doing a lot of research,moonshine is made just like every whiskey/burbon,rum vodka you ever tried,,the diffrence is what you do after its made,,filtering,ageing things like that..ive had horrible turpintine and ive had smoth knock your socks off shine....but id hate to order the still and have all my **** confiscatd including my house land,cars and bank accounts....imgoing threw the klaws but all i can find are laws on selling,buying liqour..

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Drink everclear or diesel straight, pretty much just like that. Slightly different taste, but same effect. If you try to chug it and are not used to it, it makes eyes water, nose runs, can't breathe and the splash when it hits in your gut it is wild!

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    That is federal level stuff from what I understand. I had a DWI arrest where the guy admitted to making moonshine, and that is what he was drunk off of. We recovered the 'shine from his vehicle too...mason jar in the cup holder.

We talked to the Sgt, the LT, the CAPT and none of them could FIND a statute for moonshine or anything of the sort. We called our narc's, since they have people in the ATF (The "A" part is what we needed) and had an ATF agent on the phone in about 5 mins. He said it is federal level, that we couldn't bring the charges against them, and that they would have to. Since it was such a low volume thing, they wouldn't even concern themselves with it.

Now, that isn't a straight answer, but I think it tells you what you need to know. As long as you aren't trying to distill it for mass consumption and sale, you'll be fine.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    A friend of mine had an uncle that was busted in Kentucky for making moonshine . He served time in a Federal pen in Texas . The old guy told me that he made a still while in prison . Sold it to another inmate when he got out . :D

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    That is federal level stuff from what I understand. I had a DWI arrest where the guy admitted to making moonshine, and that is what he was drunk off of. We recovered the 'shine from his vehicle too...mason jar in the cup holder.

We talked to the Sgt, the LT, the CAPT and none of them could FIND a statute for moonshine or anything of the sort. We called our narc's, since they have people in the ATF (The "A" part is what we needed) and had an ATF agent on the phone in about 5 mins. He said it is federal level, that we couldn't bring the charges against them, and that they would have to. Since it was such a low volume thing, they wouldn't even concern themselves with it.

Now, that isn't a straight answer, but I think it tells you what you need to know. As long as you aren't trying to distill it for mass consumption and sale, you'll be fine.

haha well then i guess i know who ill give my first bottle to,,errr ummm if i decide to take this next step...

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Yeah, it's selling it that's a problem, and you have to be careful even giving it away. One of my instructors way back when in kollidge was a former ATF agent, said he'd had to arrest on a warrant they were sent out on, guy made his own, drank his own, but had been giving some to friends and it got him hooked up. I couldn't quote statutes or anything, though.

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    i scaned those links,,pretty informative,,droped them under favorites....but i found thid sight and have talked to them a couple times on the phone,i can get one with no paper trail ha they will trade for a still,or take cash money order under his name not the companys..seem like good guys

http://www.stilldrinkin.com/Turbo-New.htm

Top Bottom