Morons are everywhere

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    The main reason they keep doing this kind of idiot driving is they don't get a ticket. No ticket , then it's OK. The man who could have issued a citation , just kept on driving...reinforcing the belief that it is an acceptable thing to do.
    No punishment equals no crime! Next time he will kill some one and then what...you can't fix stupid but you can write them a costly ticket. I say it is worth issuing a ticket.

By this logic, very few people would have been issued more than one citation for, say, speeding.

Fact of the matter is, people are going to do whatever the heck it is that they wanna do - be it speeding, driving HUA, etc. If a citation was issued to every person who earned one, every time they earned it, holy hell... no one would have a license anymore, call for service response times would be through the roof, and FFS, LE would reeeeeaaaaaally be tired of hearing the ol', "Dont you have real criminals to catch" line...

But, as a former traffic unit, I appreciate your fervor. You need to hire on, get yourself a Harley, some mirrored shades and some knee high girl boots and start delivering the Carbon Copies of Justice. :D

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    If a citation was issued to every person who earned one, every time they earned it, holy hell... no one would have a license anymore, call for service response times would be through the roof, and FFS, LE would reeeeeaaaaaally be tired of hearing the ol', "Dont you have real criminals to catch" line...

Man then we would really pay you guys' salary!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Stuff like that happens everyday unfortunately, some people..smh.

Truth.

I had someone coming off I10W at College and not even stop before turning west on College and almost hitting me as I was merging into the lane already westbound on College.

If I had a dashcam, I would probably make a Baton Rouge traffic movie.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    By this logic, very few people would have been issued more than one citation for, say, speeding.

Fact of the matter is, people are going to do whatever the heck it is that they wanna do - be it speeding, driving HUA, etc. If a citation was issued to every person who earned one, every time they earned it, holy hell... no one would have a license anymore, call for service response times would be through the roof, and FFS, LE would reeeeeaaaaaally be tired of hearing the ol', "Dont you have real criminals to catch" line...

But, as a former traffic unit, I appreciate your fervor. You need to hire on, get yourself a Harley, some mirrored shades and some knee high girl boots and start delivering the Carbon Copies of Justice. :D
    Girl boots? Sounds like another person jealous of motormen

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    Man then we would really pay you guys' salary!

LOL. Im pretty sure Ive been reminded of that a time or two while standing at some poor, unfortunate soul's window.

What I do give the unit credit for can be summed up in two(ish) words: Cat-like reflexes.

Slidell PD hires vehicular driving ninjas. You heard it here first.

Girl boots? Sounds like another person jealous of motormen

Youre making the bold assumption that I dont share my girlfriend's taste in footwear... :D Yeah, hint of jealousy. I got stuck doing DWIs my entire time on traffic. I always wanted to be either Ponch or John, and thats no lie. I had to buy my own Harley. Total ********. Life is not fair.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    LOL. Im pretty sure Ive been reminded of that a time or two while standing at some poor, unfortunate soul's window.

What I do give the unit credit for can be summed up in two(ish) words: Cat-like reflexes.

Slidell PD hires vehicular driving ninjas. You heard it here first.

Youre making the bold assumption that I dont share my girlfriend's taste in footwear... :D Yeah, hint of jealousy. I got stuck doing DWIs my entire time on traffic. I always wanted to be either Ponch or John, and thats no lie. I had to buy my own Harley. Total ********. Life is not fair.

So which one did you prefer? Ponch or John? http://youtu.be/VYKdayl7BHM

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    The main reason they keep doing this kind of idiot driving is they don't get a ticket. No ticket , then it's OK. The man who could have issued a citation , just kept on driving...reinforcing the belief that it is an acceptable thing to do.
    No punishment equals no crime! Next time he will kill some one and then what...you can't fix stupid but you can write them a costly ticket. I say it is worth issuing a ticket.
    Gary
    Tired of dodging idiots driving cars like there are NO rules.

I think someone pointed out that he was out of his jurisdiction therefore could not write a citation, IIRC. But it IS frustrating.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Let us know what he has to say. Thanks.

Sent from Bayou Bunker Command Center, FEMA Region 6, Portable Unit #33.

He was glad it was not someone with a ******** gripe (a local group of malcontents, arrested numerous times, have an instagram page dirtyslidellcops or some such crap where they post photos when they or their friends are stopped and make outrageous lies about what happened, straight made-up ****), and said that he briefly considered turning around and stopping her but ultimately decided not to.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I think someone pointed out that he was out of his jurisdiction therefore could not write a citation, IIRC. But it IS frustrating.

Do not be so sure nothing can happen because you think the LEO is "Out of his Jurisdiction"
    I witnessed a chase that originated in Albany and ended in Baton Rouge where the BG was stopped in the center of I 12 and assisted in exiting his vehicle and arrested.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If a chase starts in your jurisdiction, you can chase them out of your area and make the arrest. The violator then has to be booked in the jurisdiction of arrest as a fugitive and transported to the jurisdiction where the violation took place. An officer out of his jurisdiction does not have the right to stop someone for a misdemeanor.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Random fun fact - I drove in that area last night. Went out to Covington and then Mandeville between 7 PM and 1 AM :P

There were quite a few drunks on I12 coming back to BR omw home.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    If a chase starts in your jurisdiction, you can chase them out of your area and make the arrest. The violator then has to be booked in the jurisdiction of arrest as a fugitive and transported to the jurisdiction where the violation took place. An officer out of his jurisdiction does not have the right to stop someone for a misdemeanor.

Apparently, according to NOPD Ordinance I-D0(n)+[d]0SH!+, this statement is not true. I once knew a guy, who worked with a dude, who used to throw darts every Tuesday with a gentleman, who told this fellow that he had been involved in a chase of a stolen vehicle that began in one political subdivision of the state and then ended in a crash in New Orleans, and NOPD refused to arrest or book the guy. I KNOW, I couldn't believe it either! I told him the chap must be mistaken, but he swore the dude told him that was how it happened, and that they didn't even work the crash, and a state marshall that was present ended up doing that, and the constables from the initiating political subdivision of the state had to convince the EMTs that had packaged the perpetrator up to transport him ALL THE WAY to a hospital back in the political subdivision of the state the chase began in (it involved crossing a bridge in some direction or another, I believe was the claim) so they could book him after he was treated.

I refused to believe such a thing could happen, but then learned that apparently Hancock County, MS has a similar ordinance. Imagine what I'll learn tomorrow!

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    NOPD doesn't have to arrest him. The pursuing officer can arrest him and book him at central lockup as a fugitive. Then he would bring him to his jurisdiction and book him again. NOPD should check the wreck and write any violations associated with the wreck. At least that's the way I remember it from the Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    NOPD doesn't have to arrest him. The pursuing officer can arrest him and book him at central lockup as a fugitive. Then he would bring him to his jurisdiction and book him again. NOPD should check the wreck and write any violations associated with the wreck. At least that's the way I remember it from the Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure.

I kinda doubt that would have gone over too well at the intake, constables from a different political subdivision of the state showing up with a dude they want to book without any NOPD presence/involvement. I imagine the cooperation level would have been about the same if not less. NOPD was shocked the pursuit even took place - "We don't even chase 'em for dat!" Just stolen, two guns recovered within, but I guess I can see that NOT being a big deal to them.

shroom14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    prairieville ,la
    Another thing to remember is that just because a car says a city or parish does not mean that he/she might not carry multiple commissions for different agencies. I've know city cops that were commissioned thru the local sheriffs office as well and a few that were commissioned by the state also

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    I see nothing out of the ordinary.

Here in Houma the cars(read : idiots who should not be allowed to drive) don't stop until the other lane , who has the green light, cuts them off.

Its very sad. I wish they would start getting more strict on a lot of driving issues. What gets me annoyed the MOST is 90% of the idiots here will drive down a road with a 45mph limit at 35mph, then once we get to the areas with houses by the road and the limit drops to 35mph, they speed up to 45-50mph!

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Here in Houma the cars(read : idiots who should not be allowed to drive) don't stop until the other lane , who has the green light, cuts them off.

Its very sad. I wish they would start getting more strict on a lot of driving issues. What gets me annoyed the MOST is 90% of the idiots here will drive down a road with a 45mph limit at 35mph, then once we get to the areas with houses by the road and the limit drops to 35mph, they speed up to 45-50mph!

Not this guy. I consistently go 4-9 MPH above the speed limit. :D

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

truth

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom