Mosin Nagant # 15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    Just bought my 15th Mosin Nagant. 91/30 1934 Tula hex. All numbers match except the trigger guard assembly was force matched.

Is there still no cure for the dreaded Mosinitis bug?

SANY0136_zps69cc9aac.jpg

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    Just bought my 15th Mosin Nagant. 91/30 1934 Tula hex. All numbers match except the trigger guard assembly was force matched.

Is there still no cure for the dreaded Mosinitis bug?

SANY0136_zps69cc9aac.jpg

The cure for Mosinitis is...

MORE MOSINS!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Beautiful rifle. Now to add some tacticool rails! j/j. :D

Doug76

Road Warrior
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Southshore
    Apparently no cure. I'm on my fourth one. The others have gone to friends. The new one is a Tula hex 1932, all numbers matching. It's my first hex, and my second Tula.
    I think I'll be keeping this one though. It has a longer LOP than any I've ever had, and the hex receiver looks very cool.

Doug76

Road Warrior
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Southshore
    Go shoot 100 rounds through your nagant at one time. It will cure the want or break your shoulder.

Done that (close anyway, about 80rds), kicks no more than my .308, and much less than my 12ga.
    I've never understood why people say it kicks so hard. That has not been my experience.
    It's a heavy gun. Recoil is mitigated by weight. I just don't find it bad at all.

gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    Go shoot 100 rounds through your nagant at one time. It will cure the want or break your shoulder.

Dude, I did that with my FIRST Mosin Nagant.

But I was like 200 pounds heavier then. Had a layer of blubber on my shoulder then I no longer have!

And Nagant...Nagant????? I'll have to sic the Gunny on you! ;)

mosaka-albums-mosin-pix-picture4325-ermy-nagant-4.jpg

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Shoot an m44 and it may change your thoughts on recoil. The only way to end collecting them is putting and end to financing the purchases. I haven't found any other rifle or pistol so interesting. Between the mosin nagant book and 7.62x54 website, you can research every stamp, serial, notch, nick and groove. It's a great hobby, so get them while you can! Oh and don't leave out the type 53! Those are a steal and a lot of fun to clean up.

Last edited:

Davidg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bentley, La
    Had an M44 that shot groups of around 16 inches at 100 yards!! Then I gave the barrel a thorough cleaning, and the groups shrunk to around 3 inches. Finally traded it for a 223....

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    They are fun to collect, but I think I am stopping at three for a while. Within the last month, I picked up a numbers matching double date MO marked 1921 Hex Izshevsk (spelling?), a 1923 Hex Tula numbers matching and a 1944 Izshevsk Model 44. Will shoot the 44 this afternoon when it warms up a bit. I don't find the recoil that bad either. I have some old Enfield 303's and they just kind of shove your shoulder. Metal butt plates are kind of cool, if not unforgiving on the shoulder. Have fun and nice 15th Mosin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom