MotoGP anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I have to confess... As much as I enjoy fifty-yard touchdown passes, two hours of left-hand turns, and jerks voting each other off the island (a bit of sarcasm toward the end there) the entertainment outlet that I go to most often is MotoGP racing. There is something about a two-wheeled technological marvel screaming along a grand prix circuit at 200 miles per hour that makes my hair stand up. Folks talking about the Indy USGP are making me jealous, the closest I'll get are my season tickets to Barber.

Anyone? I know I'm not the only Gun/Motorcycle nut here...

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    Yes, your around friends here.
    Love watching it and would almost kill to see it live,its amazing how fast they are going and one little mistake and and its all over with.
    I've only been ridding a sport bike for almost a year (been ridding V-twins for a while) and love the power and speed of them.Still reading Total Control,great book.

Maybe one day Eric Buell Racing will make it up to the big boys.But I'm still a big fan.

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    You know, you don't have to ride a V-twin OR a sport bike, there's always the option of both;) I keep a copy of Kieth Code's "Twist of the Wrist" nest to my reloading manuals.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Not to rub it in yer face; but, to rub it in your face.

You missed a good race at Laguna Seca. That was part of my birthday that the wife gave me. Tickets to the races and them hooked up with some long lost friends and stayed in the pits...

974747469_kepVF-L.jpg

974742011_J6qqc-L.jpg

Here ya go, The power of breaking late...

974755807_nswrT-L.jpg

974756308_ad4RS-L.jpg

974756873_MeU5B-L.jpg

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yes my wife surprised me with a trip to Indy the first year.

Next year is starting to look good Rossi and Hayden back on the same team, Stoner running on a Honda. Who is gonna come up from SBK, where is Edwards gonna end up at. What is Suzk gonna do?

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    There was a post or two about GP in the late night thread, but I went to bed and haven't checked it yet since I got back on.

I'm going to Indy this year with my wife and one of my good friends, it was a wedding gift from two of my groomsmen (who are tunatuk and jphil87 on here). I'm PSYCHED for it, can't wait.

I went to my first "professional" race of any kind earlier this year, NASCAR at Texas Motor Speedway and was blown away by it, I cannot wait to attend a top level race event that I actually care about and am slightly knowledgeable about!

My wife is die hard Rossi, and while you absolutely cannot deny The Doctor (his logo is on my Gixxers brake reservoir cover), I really like some of the new kids and Americans. Jorge is raw talent, and Ben is going to be amazing on a factory bike. I also like the Kentucky Kid, every time he talks and some of the stuff he says on Facebook or Twitter just cracks me up, the guy is pure country.

Top Bottom