Multi-Gun Match this Sunday at the Tangi Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    TPS will host a Multi-Gun Match this Sunday at the Tangi Sheriff's Range

We are planning on 4 fun filled, fast stages. There will only be Open and Limited.

Limited:

One gun will be allowed an optic.
    Shotgun speedloaders will not be allowed
    Shotguns will only be allowd 9 rounds
    Others rules will be posted as we see fit or remember. Trying not to add too many.

Open:

Just about anything goes. Check USPSA rules for OPEN guns.

Scoring will be time plus. This means A-zone hits no added time. B & C zone hits add 1 second. D-zone hits add 2 seconds. A miss will add 5 seconds to your score. All steel must fall to score.

Rifle ammo: Since will only be shooting paper with rifles, any ammo will be allowed. Steel core is acceptable.
    Shotgun ammo: All shogun targets are steel, no steel shot will be allowed. No slugs or buckshot needed.

Pistol ammo: 9mm and larger NO magnums

Targets for rifles will be less than 70 yards and all paper. So AK's and other fine firearms should not have problems.

We need help setting up as this can only be done on Sunday morning. We also need help resetting targets to keep the match running smoothly and on time. If you don't feel you are up to helping with the match, please do us a favor stay home.

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Start time 0900 or as soon as we are setup. Limited USPSA pistol run says mags length must be not larger than 140mm. Nothing about round count.

Beauxdog

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Everybody is welcome. I'll check on the match fee, sorry, we forgot got to discuss it. I'll put another post up & add it to the first posting.

Beauxdog

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Round count is unknown at this time since we are not sure of how many steel targets are available. If you bring 100 pistol, 100 rifle and 50 shotgun, you will have plenty. Better to have way too much than not enough.

Since the TPSO Range is a cold range a short Safety Talk is in order. DO NOT bring a loaded firearm onto the range. All firearms must be empty when entering the facility. There will be a safe area for you to un-bag your handgun. All handguns will be empty, slide down and holstered. Long guns will need to have a safety chamber flag in them to show they are empty. If you don't know what this is, GOOGLE it or ask someone. They will need to be in the firearm at all time you are not using to gun. An empty shell is not a chamber flag.

Thanks

Beauxdog

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    If I didn't have a wedding shower being thrown for me and my fiance, I'd be in for this. Hopefully this is the first of many events like this, as I've been wanting to get into 3 gun for a while!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The entry fee is $15 for members & $20 for non-members

Regular bird shot should be fine, targets will not be very far. They just need to fall.

If you have question or want to know if your gun/equipment will make it, ask here so we only need to do it once. For those using chest rigs. You cannot use it for handguns. We don't allow cross draw holsters & that is one.

Beauxdog

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Don't know the address. Take I-55 north to Amite. Get off at Amite exit & go into town cross over RR tracks. Then go down 3 blocks to Laural St. take a right, go to the end of Laural St. make a left go to the end of the road and the range is on the left. From the interstate to the range is about 5 miles.

Beauxdog

Top Bottom