My brother's place got robbed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kook

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    New Iberia
    yea it does sound alittle fishy i don't how she did not wake up if it really did happen

there are ways of "quietly" breaking glass. Thieves broke into multiple vehicles at a boat ramp recently. High noon, with people in the parking lot.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    there are ways of "quietly" breaking glass. Thieves broke into multiple vehicles at a boat ramp recently. High noon, with people in the parking lot.

YES, the ceramic on the spark plugs does that very well, thats what thieves used when I lived in apartment complexes about 5 years ago.

Kook

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    New Iberia
    they also use a film, similar to saran wrap. It self adheres, and muffles the sound. Also holds all the glass from hitting the ground:mad::mad:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Some people are heavy sleepers and can sleep through a blaring alarm clock just feet from their heads. Oh yeah, it IS possible to sleep through for SOME people.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    Well I don't know if she is a heavy sleeper or not but I know my brother is an extremely heavy snorer, so she actually got used to sleeping with earplugs in all the time. As to how they came in the front window they pried the latch on the bottom which would be quieter but likely take more time to gain entry in my mind. Also they don't have small yappie dogs they have rabbits......which are completely useless. My brother is working on his new house this week and it is going to have plenty of ampped up security including steel bars on the windows. He actually asked me a couple weeks ago about getting a 20guage 870 if I thought she could handle it.

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I interrupted a break in in progress a week ago. My neighboor had all his electronics jacked. The guy I intercepted (though who got away), seemed to be recognized by the police.

New Orleans, Napoloen and Saratoga. They got two plasma tvs, laptop, xbox, and a desktop.

5'10 black guy, 250 lbs, long, full black beard. No tats or teeth that I noticed. There was a large blue truck (which I took no notice of until it was too late, since there are commonly hired help behind my apartment complex) in his assistance.

Wasnt my house, wasnt my stuff, AND i wasnt armed. Here I thought I was going to make sure the cats were ok after the randos the guy hired left the door open, but found a burglar instead. Needless to say I booked it into my house to call police and arm myself, dude was gone when I came back out.

Total failure when it came to getting tags or a better description. My only solice is that I prevented more stuff getting jacked. I was so concerned about getting to my apartment (and my gun) I didnt really care about getting descriptions. Observation fail.

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I dont trust anyone in this city

Lots of people with trust issues here, apparently. :o

On the other side of me there was a home invasion a year and a half ago. That guy has iron bars on all his windows and doors on the first floor. The final house has a separate key for bars on the front door. I got to talk to him through the bars (he knowing I was the neighboor). we live in really nice apartments on a major street.

This city sucks. If you dont have trust issues you are going to get burned.

Im a yankee. My parents visited me from connecticut and found it so odd that I was anal about locking the door. They still dont know Ive got a pistol in a drawer on every floor.

Hell, you can barely trust the police in this city... some of them, anyway

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    man im sorry to hear that. at least your gf is ok.

while i dont have a monitored alarm, i have window locks, contact alarm with a super loud noise, and the lamp in the living room is wired to a remote i keep in the bedroom. 12 gauge, and a .45 ACP.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I interrupted a break in in progress a week ago. My neighboor had all his electronics jacked. The guy I intercepted (though who got away), seemed to be recognized by the police.

New Orleans, Napoloen and Saratoga. They got two plasma tvs, laptop, xbox, and a desktop.

5'10 black guy, 250 lbs, long, full black beard. No tats or teeth that I noticed. There was a large blue truck (which I took no notice of until it was too late, since there are commonly hired help behind my apartment complex) in his assistance.

Wasnt my house, wasnt my stuff, AND i wasnt armed. Here I thought I was going to make sure the cats were ok after the randos the guy hired left the door open, but found a burglar instead. Needless to say I booked it into my house to call police and arm myself, dude was gone when I came back out.

Total failure when it came to getting tags or a better description. My only solice is that I prevented more stuff getting jacked. I was so concerned about getting to my apartment (and my gun) I didnt really care about getting descriptions. Observation fail.

DO you have a CHP?

If so, good case for carrying EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU LEAVE YOUR FRONT DOOR.

Not because I am paranoid, but because I feel naked without it and I am just used to it being there, like my watch, I am normally armed on my person in my home until it is time to go to bed.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    My brother's apartment in new orleans got robbed last night. He was offshore but his girlfriend was there asleep. They actually went in the bedroom with her and took a bunch of stuff without her waking up. They ended up taking 2 laptop computers, an Iphone, a ruger mkIII/45, and his bike which was an expensive custom bike. He filed a police report so hopefully the fools will try to pawn the items and get busted. He is really tall and the bike was set up for him.

Holy sh*t! If that happened to me, it'd be a long, long, long damned time before I think I could sleep comfortably again.

Top Bottom