My Cabelas exp and question...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    I finally got together the money for the deer rifle I want (thanks to fantasy football and saving). So I went looking for the rifle I decided to get which is a Browning X-bolt Hunter in .270 or .308. I went to two local shops and neither had them and they were out of their suppliers.

I then went to Cabelas. There were alot of folks there being all the obvious reasons, but I pulled a ticket and only had to wait for 18 others to be serviced. I must say that it went faster than I was expecting and I watched as each sales person was patient and devoted their undivided attention to their customer. I only had to wait 20 min before my number was called.

I asked if the above mentioned gun was in stock and the calibers I requested were not. I asked if I could order one. He said I could but that I might be waiting a long time because Browning usually shuts down their plants for retooling every year for a couple of weeks, but this time they announced they were shutting down for months.

I read often here about the silly things they hear at the box stores, so I got the number to make an order and came home to research his claim. I can find nothing.

Is this another case of the dumb sales guy at the big box or is there any validity to his claim.

And. If you come across the above mentioned gun shoot me a PM please.

Pelican Pawn

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Which X-Bolt are you looking for ?
    In 270 in can get the Hunter or the X-Bolt Composite Stalker.
    In 308 I only see Composite Stalker.
    If you need us to order you one you can come by our Denham Springs store and we can get you one.
    225-664-6072
    Mike

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA

bsramzy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    prairieville
    I was in there today as well around 1100. it was a mad house.

They did have a few ARs. the cabelas employee pricing was decent, but buying online would definitely be worth saving the hassle

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I was in there today as well around 1100. it was a mad house.

They did have a few ARs. the cabelas employee pricing was decent, but buying online would definitely be worth saving the hassle

Does the employee pricing also apply to firearms? I've heard conflicting information

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    bsramzy, you were there when I was there also....luckily, I just went to get some 2 cycle oil and went to the firearms section to look at a few things and was astonished at how empty the pistol shelves were...I think I saw maybe 2 ARs there..definitely thin pickins in the pistol selection...very crowded too and also the gun room was kinda empty..I went in there to get my usual chuckle looking at the supposed K98 "Sniper" rifles that are mis-matched and go for 2499.99..that just cracks me up but not this time as they were gone. Musta gone to another location looking for suckers....

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Pelican pawn will hopefully be hooking me up Monday.

Another thing I noticed at Cabelas is the .308, .223, 5.56 and 9mm are all supposed to be limit 10 boxes per customer.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Went there around 2:30 today. It was crazy. Needed some dry lube/degreaser for my powder measure. Got in and out as fast as I could. I did tell someone looking at some 9mm bullets to go try Bayoubullets. He couldnt have been happier that I had told him about them.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I was in the Gonzales store this afternoon. Place was packed. Only thing I heard was a sales person tell someone how Glocks are great guns because they have a very small numbers of parts compared to other guns and that they tend to be inaccurate. :eh: Ammo was picked over pretty good.

Top Bottom