My Experience with Palmetto State Armory

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I have heard good things about PSA in the past from other people, but I ordered a "daily deal" MOE lower parts kit without trigger group from them in FDE. When it came the trigger guard was FDE, but the grip was OD. They were quick to send me a FDE grip with return label to send back the other, but I went to assemble the lower and now I find the selector detent isn't in the kit.

Anybody else have problems with them lately? Maybe the guy putting my kit together just had a bad day or something.

Last edited:

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    On rare ocassions this can happen. The kits just came back in stock and were rushed out.

Pm me your mame address, order number, and phone number.

I will call PSA amd make sure its taken care of ASAP.

If you are near nola or Ponchatoula I will Give u one. (I have to make sure I have One)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    My orders with them have been shiped very fast and exactly as described. I'm sure this is rare problem. Hope they hook you up soon!

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    On rare ocassions this can happen. The kits just came back in stock and were rushed out.

Pm me your name, address, order number, and phone number.

I will call PSA amd make sure its taken care of ASAP.

If you are near nola or Ponchatoula I will Give u one. (I have to make sure I have One)

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It's possible that them, like MANY gun companies, are snagging anyone that they can find that will show up to work to help them fill orders in this mad rush time we're in. That usually leads to a few minor issues. In the grand scheme of things, it could be much worse, enjoy your "white people problems," I know I do.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Hey there Jason. I am in Slidell. I was going to just order one from whoever I end up ordering my stock from since they only cost a buck or two, but if you have one it would be much appreciated.

I will PM the info.

No doubt there quality control and customer service was simply no match for my bad luck :mamoru:.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Hey there Jason. I am in Slidell. I was going to just order one from whoever I end up ordering my stock from since they only cost a buck or two, but if you have one it would be much appreciated.

I will PM the info.

No doubt there quality control and customer service was simply no match for my bad luck :mamoru:.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    It's possible that them, like MANY gun companies, are snagging anyone that they can find that will show up to work to help them fill orders in this mad rush time we're in. That usually leads to a few minor issues. In the grand scheme of things, it could be much worse, enjoy your "white people problems," I know I do.

Yea, I guess it could have just came with an empty box and a note saying, "Sorry, these are illegal to sell now".

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula

Actually its the opposite.

PSA is having trouble finding competant, trained employees.

They dont hire bodies, due to an increased liability risk.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Actually its the opposite.

PSA is having trouble finding competant, trained employees.

They dont hire bodies, due to an increased liability risk.

Hence the crux of the true problem. Good help has always been hard to find, and amazingly even harder in a crap economy.

anakha

ljp#6749
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    monroe
    2 months ago I ordered a mid length rifle kit, it took 17 business days to ship which is no big deal due to the fact that they say to give them 15 but when I got the kit the fcg pins were missing. I went to a local shop and they were able to dig around and find some
    I also had to have them break the barrel nut loose for me because my buddy and I couldn't get it to budge.

It took roughly 2 weeks for psa to get me a set of pins after I called them the day I received the kit. It was frustrating but overall I'm pleased with the rifle and customer service

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    If anyone has a problem with PSA, please contact me. I will do everything in my power to make it right.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    They shorted me some selector detents in a couple of pin replacement sets I ordered. They were out to me in about 5 days with no hassle so no complaints here. I also got a good laugh when a 12"x12" box showed up at my door after calling them about replacements. Secretly I thought, "Oh Yeah! They messed up again and sent me something big!", but my dreams were shattered upon picking up the box feeling it was almost empty. I guess they didn't want them to get forgotten this time :D

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Every order I've placed with them has been correct. I'm not saying I've ordered tons of times, but it's been good service 6 times out of 6 orders.

dmurph

Serious as dick cancer!
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Huntsville, TX
    I have ordered form PSA several times (ballpark 10) and have gotten mixed results. On more than one occasion my kits were missing small items and the finish on their trigger components is mediocre at best. I keep a surplus of small parts on hand for this reason and I know how to use a stone to smooth a triggers machining marks.... Not a bad company to deal with and they seem to have good prices in an inflated market. cheers

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I am not pissed or anything. It is a long term project I am working on so it didn't hold me up or anything. And I have always been easy going with mistakes as long as they get remedied in a timely manner. PSA did send a new FDE grip without question and without waiting for me to return the other grip first. And thanks to Jason, I am sure this second little issue will be taken care of ASAP.

On a positive note, the roll pins installed about as smooth as any I have ever installed. I like the kit and I would order another from PSA without hesitation.

Top Bottom