My Father's Day Gift Came In Today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    It came in today just in time for Father's Day. It was well packaged and easy to assemble as most of the assembly was already complete. This thing is a BEAST. I'm really glad that I contacted the company and changed the order to a 16" frame versus the 18" frame I ordered without thinking. As it m boys are going to be slamming into that bar way too often.

IsaiahampDanicawiththeFattyBike_zpsdcd33d6c.jpg

I put the kids next to it for scale.

FramedMinnesota20FattyBike_zps96084942.jpg

FramedMinnesota20FattyBikew29erwheelset_zps99086b50.jpg

This bike came with an extra wheel set ready to change out to a slim 29er set up. The Fatty tires are larger in outside diameter than the 29er tires even though the fatty tires are 26 x 4.0.

I'm going to kick around the neighborhood to get used to riding again before I head out to the spillway and check out those trails.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Dayum, those are some big tires. How does it ride?
    Not surprisingly the ride is very plush as the huge tires absorb the bumps like shocks. Surprisingly it rolls very easily, but I've heard that about drilled single wall rims and 120tpi tires which is one of the main reasons I chose this particular bike. I just didn't think they would be this efficient. The tires aren't very thick but I hear that those particular tires are pretty tough. I was struck with how light those tires and rims are. I'm going to try to find a scale so I can weigh them, but I'm thinking they can't be much more than a pound and that's the rim, tire, brake rotor and quick release retention mechanism. I'm also impressed with how the bike rolls so easily. I was tooling around the yard with it today and of even going into the grass it roll extremely well.

I did discover today that, while my cardio isn't half bad, my legs are going to need some time training on this bike before I'll be able to do any serious trail riding.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I am making myself ride the trainer with my old school mt bike, with the old 28"? tires. I miss biking, great way to get and stay in shape.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Not surprisingly the ride is very plush as the huge tires absorb the bumps like shocks. Surprisingly it rolls very easily, but I've heard that about drilled single wall rims and 120tpi tires which is one of the main reasons I chose this particular bike. I just didn't think they would be this efficient. The tires aren't very thick but I hear that those particular tires are pretty tough. I was struck with how light those tires and rims are. I'm going to try to find a scale so I can weigh them, but I'm thinking they can't be much more than a pound and that's the rim, tire, brake rotor and quick release retention mechanism. I'm also impressed with how the bike rolls so easily. I was tooling around the yard with it today and of even going into the grass it roll extremely well.

I did discover today that, while my cardio isn't half bad, my legs are going to need some time training on this bike before I'll be able to do any serious trail riding.

That's an intense looking bike. I have never seen tires like that on any of the trails. Do they work well for mt biking?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    Looking good! I have thought about getting a bike with some fatties on it, but until the day my current bike (Specialized A1 Rockhopper) fails I can't justify it.

Maybe we need to have a Bayou Shooter's bike ride meetup? lol

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I don't ride, but seen a bike with huge tires like that at Academy, and wondered what the purpose was. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Do they sell those locally?
    I'm sure you could get a quality fatty bike at a bike shop. The one ones at academy (Mongoose) are not the kind of quality I require. Now, don't get me wrong the bike I got isn't top of the line. I could've bought a MUCH more expensive bike (mine was about $950 shipped directly from the manufacturer in St. Paul), but at those higher price points compared to the one I bought you're shaving weight and not much else for the money. I did a bunch of research and decided that the Framed Minnesota 2.0 with the extra 29er wheel set was the best value for me.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I hear that they do float, but I'm looking to find out anytime soon. :D

Cool. Going to be riding out at the spillway anytime?

I might be out at the spillway soon...on a Sunday...say around noon :P

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I hear that they do float, but I'm looking to find out anytime soon. :D

Cool. Going to be riding out at the spillway anytime?

I got the bike in but I'm headed offshore for 3 weeks on Monday. But I'd love to go ride out there. I'll let you know when I get back.

I'm 6'3" so I got the 20in frame. That combined with the tires the bike is massive. People stare at me riding it around.

Top Bottom