My First Glock 27 and 23

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peyton676

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Roads, LA
    After tossing around the Glocks and XDMs,both felt really good in the hand. I figured i just couldn't go wrong with a Glock
    So there i stand .40 guy..
    LGS 19 and 27 in hand
    Couldn't decide,I loved both.
    Picked up the 27 Gen3 that day,and ordered a 23Gen4 from from my FFL that will be here this week :)

Took the 27 out yesterday,fed her some Federal JHP 180s and of course didn't skip a beat. About 50 rounds
    Very accurate,better then i can shoot,very snappy gun. Im pleased needless to say and I plan on buying a Lone wolf conversion also
    After a little research I believe a 19/26 is only capable of 9mm,but a 23/27 has options of 9mm,.357, and .40. Mostly why i steered for the 27.
    White lettered it,polished the barrel and controls too.
    I know some of yall wont like, but i think the gun looks great!
    Needs some night sights for sure!
    Will get some more pics of the 23 up when it arrives!
    20130126_114704.jpg

20130126_131145.jpg

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    Awesome firearms bro!! - FYI, the Glocks made in the U.S. are the same as ones made in Austria. Kinda funny that all the Glocks sold in the U.S. were made in Austria and the ones made in the U.S. are all exported to Austria. :dunno:

peyton676

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Roads, LA
    Awesome firearms bro!! - FYI, the Glocks made in the U.S. are the same as ones made in Austria. Kinda funny that all the Glocks sold in the U.S. were made in Austria and the ones made in the U.S. are all exported to Austria. :dunno:

Yes,you are right.
    They are becoming more common though. My buddy has a G19 Stamped USA.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Glock now sales Austrian and American Glocks in the USA.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I like the look of the contrasting lettering. I have also failed miserably to get it to work on my guns! :( Just how did you do it? I'd like to letter my Glock AND a Taurus black revolver. I used silver touch-up paint in a bottle w/brush for my vehicle. It was really lame!

fishnuts

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Gonzales
    Very nice! I recently too became a glock owner. I bought a 17, im looking at a 26 for my EDC. Been carrying a Taurus .38 subnose 85

peyton676

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Roads, LA
    Thanks guys!
    Of course i had to get someone to buy my guns then i bought FTF since im not 21
    This my first handgun,so i should be able to get good practice until I can apply for my ccw in a couple years and enjoy shooting.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks guys!
    Of course i had to get someone to buy my guns then i bought FTF since im not 21
    This my first handgun,so i should be able to get good practice until I can apply for my ccw in a couple years and enjoy shooting.

Are you saying someone bought the guns for you... Then sold them to you... Or did you give them money to buy them for you?

peyton676

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Roads, LA
    The 27 came from a buddy of mine brandnew that he had never been shot. So i made an offer and he bit.
    Being under 21, I cannot buy from a FFL myself. I can obtain handguns through a private sale or "gift".
    Told my dad order a G23,Now i dont know if its a early birthday or a private sale,im not sure whats best or if it matters at all.

Tried buying a stripped lower from a guy here a while back and he wouldn't sell it to me.
    I told him i can buy private sale, guess he thought I was full of ****.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom