My latest 10/22 build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Tommy gun!!!!! Chicago style.

A292AF9A-EE59-4E3F-BEE7-08DD23F0CC89-5652-0000046C62946756_zps0011abfe.jpg

The magazine is the black dog 50rnd drum. I hated it when I first got it. Then I took it apart, put some lube here & there, filed down some sharp edges, lightly dremmeled a few other problem areas and stopped feeding it bulk ammo. It's a HOOT to shoot now....only real problem is that it doesn't look authentic. But I've got a 10rnd dummy drum that looks right for showing off.

It really deserves a full auto receiver though :( And for what these parts cost, I could've spent a couple dollars more for a full on current production .45. But At least this one is cheap to shoot a lot.

I even went so far as to put a finned barrel on it....

480C78E3-B7E2-4015-9FC8-B3F6860005EC-5652-0000046C6FE7AC65_zps82933753.jpg

Next project for my stack of 10/22's will be the red jacket ZK-22!! Word is I'll be getting mine before turkey day!!

<<There is a better than average chance this post contains sarcasm>>

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Funny....I seem to have yet another brand new spare factory profile 10/22 barrel lying around now :D

Gonna have a second one come mid November it appears also. ;)

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Nice looking barrel!

I built the tommy gun for fun.

My budget for my 10/22's is about the same as it would be for any other rifle I'm sad to say. I'll never get my money back on them, but I do get my money's worth outta them!
    The tommy gun was:
    Conversion kit $300
    Finned barrel. $150
    Front sight $30
    Drum mags $60ea
    Display drum mag $35
    And then you gotta have a rifle, so another $180 (thats after taxes too!! I hit a huge ruger factory sale in North MS a couple months back and just had to buy a few :D )

Here's my shooters.

NOT a recent pic unfortunately. (I'll fix that soon) since this pic, I've put glass on it, a bipod & swapped the trigger for a Timney. The barrel is a voltsquartsen carbon fiber that's threaded with a compensator (for now). The rail is mounted directly to the barrel cantilever style.
    cd738fb9.jpg

It shoots better than I'm capable of demonstrating. I can do dime sized 10 shot groups @ 50yds with it. I'm sure it'd be a true one hole gun in the hands of a good shooter.

My other is a total custom job. I finished it off a 60% kit. It's supposed to be a 10/22mag, but I barreled it for 17hmr. Barrel is by whistle pig. Unfortunately, I'm having issues getting the timing right. Not a difficult fix, but I never seem to bring the right tools to the range.
    bc30e72c.jpg

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Nice looking barrel!

I built the tommy gun for fun.

My budget for my 10/22's is about the same as it would be for any other rifle I'm sad to say. I'll never get my money back on them, but I do get my money's worth outta them!
    The tommy gun was:
    Conversion kit $300
    Finned barrel. $150
    Front sight $30
    Drum mags $60ea
    Display drum mag $35
    And then you gotta have a rifle, so another $180 (thats after taxes too!! I hit a huge ruger factory sale in North MS a couple months back and just had to buy a few :D )

Here's my shooters.

NOT a recent pic unfortunately. (I'll fix that soon) since this pic, I've put glass on it, a bipod & swapped the trigger for a Timney. The barrel is a voltsquartsen carbon fiber that's threaded with a compensator (for now). The rail is mounted directly to the barrel cantilever style.
    cd738fb9.jpg

It shoots better than I'm capable of demonstrating. I can do dime sized 10 shot groups @ 50yds with it. I'm sure it'd be a true one hole gun in the hands of a good shooter.

My other is a total custom job. I finished it off a 60% kit. It's supposed to be a 10/22mag, but I barreled it for 17hmr. Barrel is by whistle pig. Unfortunately, I'm having issues getting the timing right. Not a difficult fix, but I never seem to bring the right tools to the range.
    bc30e72c.jpg

Very nice. These guns really are a blast.

Top Bottom