My Marine friend.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    If you can't take synthetic stress how can you take real stress. The whole MOA thing is out of hand. When I was in boot camp(01) the DIs weren't allowed to touch us. So they had us punch each other. They weren't even supposed to curse at us. How can you make recruits strong without breaking them down first? And how can you do that by being "nice"?

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Interesting you would find human abuse by drill instructors productive yet by police it's unconscionable.

Hint.
    It's the same.

Hint, I'm saying that by signing up for it, you should be aware of what you are getting into, and the fact that it is not rainbows and sunshine.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Everyone here agrees with you, Ryan. But they're right in that you probably shouldn't voice so strong an opinion on something you have no firsthand knowledge of.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's always struck me as odd as many people who Laughed at Drill Instructors and Ranger Instructors etc. I never actually saw anyone do it... I know I didn't. I was a punk kid and I thought they owned me.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    It's always struck me as odd as many people who Laughed at Drill Instructors and Ranger Instructors etc. I never actually saw anyone do it... I know I didn't. I was a punk kid and I thought they owned me.

They strike fear into your very soul.

One of the tales for us incoming OCS'ers was how GySGT Bamba, for one of his classes, pretended to be a candidate for the first three days (you don't meet your DI until the Wednesday after you get there). During those first 3 days the kid he was rooming with was talking a bunch of **** about the DIs and how they didn't scare him, etc...

They never found the body.

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    Interesting you would find human abuse by drill instructors productive yet by police it's unconscionable.

Hint.
    It's the same.
    I disagree. A policeman's job is to protect. A drill instructors job is to teach you to protect yourself. You can only be verbally told how do deal with stress so much...what better way than to be put under that stress. I think you can deal with it better.

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    I was slammed into many walls for laughing at my 3rd hat...you get what you deserve...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

I am sorry if I made it sound like I laughed AT them...oh ****..not hardly

I'm saying in my post that the dark humor made me laugh ( a lot of the laffin was done later ). What Tribes showed was real...just not complete. Not in 1970

My point really is that beatings did occur, and it was not unusual. Gloves so they wouldn't wreck their hands, lot's of elbows. Good medicine for irresponsible f****offs.

Extra PT was called " pit call " and went on 24/7...when ever and for as long as the DI wanted.

Viet Nam was starving for targets then...things were different

lawarren0351

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Lafayette
    They didn`t have stress cards in '09. They didn`t have them last year when a friend of mine went through boot camp. I have been hearing about them for almost 5 years now, but have never seen one.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    i know what you mean Yrdawg. our DI's did some pretty funny **** to try and make us laugh so they would have an excuse to take us to the sand pit and make sugar cookies out of us for "losing our bearing", those sadistic bastards. we tried so hard not to crack a smile. i would just sit there and bite my lip and just pray they didnt see me

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    How about printing some and giving them to the next kid you see going to boot camp. Bet he would have an interesting story to tell when he came home.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    How about printing some and giving them to the next kid you see going to boot camp. Bet he would have an interesting story to tell when he came home.

No doubt...things are different these days but I'm sure he'd at least be able to tell how they taste.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Just asked my buddy who is presently a Capt in the Army informed me that "Stress Cards" are now a myth spread by soldiers. Apparently, the Army tried them out a couple of years ago and found that they are too "ghey" or something. But, since then the rumor has transgressed to the other services that they are currently in use and they are not. Just a note.

Top Bottom