My new Ruger SR9c

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I going to give it a workout this weekend. I've cleaned the factory grease off and relubed, now it is time to see how it runs. Anybody else have one of these? Any problems or good to go?
    20130312_222436_zpsfed77918.jpg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have had a few apart, and all of the had machining remnants in the firing pin channel. These guns need a full strip to clean and lube befoer use. Ruger is slipping on the qc... Just cleaning the gun made the trigger feel alot better. A ghost coneector would be a must have if I did not prefer glocks...

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    Thanks. I did read up about doing a proper cleaning before shooting. I didn't think it was really dirty. It just took me a while to figure how to get the striker out.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've had mine since last February. I love it. Great little gun.

I've only had an issue with American Eagle ammunition, but that's it. I usually shoot WWB but had gotten it from a friend. Other than that, perfecto.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I have the SR40C and have had zero problems with it. I LOVE mine, and it's the best shooter of all the pistols I have. Maybe it just fits my shooting style better though.

Congrats on a great pistol.

Pops 1

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Pollock Louisiana
    I have had no problems at all with mine. My SR9c gets shoot about two times a week by the students in my conceal carry class. It has never missed a beat.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Still my favorite 9mm.

I've installed a ghost and hand filed it for no over travel.

Polished everything.

Steel RSA.

Btw, if you're ever in a pinch a glock 26 RSA works fine in the Ruger and vice versa.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    Range report:
    Attention, attention, I have a new favorite range gun. It was a sweet shooter. I put a variety of different FMJ through without any problems. I wish I could say the same for my 1911. Time will tell if I want to do any changes to it, but for now I am happy. rrussotwo, I don't even know what half of those upgrades mean, but in due time. I met a guy at the range who seemed like a pro. He had a variety of nice guns. I shot his Glock .357 sig and he shot the Ruger. He was really impressed with it. It felt good to have someone experienced confirm my feelings. I feel like this is the most bang for the buck I have experienced with a gun purchase thus far.

Top Bottom