My new TOY!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Been asked to share a pic of it, figured id post it here.. its the LR-308 i got from another member, this gun was spotless, so i rerigged it and heres what i have now....

pin2x2ds8qr796pgtfq.jpg

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Why do you have a vertical grip and a bipod?

Why not a full length rail so half of your optic mount isn't hanging off the front?

Otherwise pretty nice digs.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Vert grip is to hold when in tac mode, gun came with a tang handle with pop out bipod but i prefer the harris, more stable and sloid. the rail is full and the mount stopper from ATN is designed like that, I can remove it but turns out its at the right position for me as is. Good questions tho.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Vert grip is to hold when in tac mode, gun came with a tang handle with pop out bipod but i prefer the harris, more stable and sloid. the rail is full and the mount stopper from ATN is designed like that, I can remove it but turns out its at the right position for me as is. Good questions tho.

Cool. Nothing wrong with the harris. What type of magnification do those night vision optics have? How far can you actually see at night?

If you aim it high enough will 308 shoot like a rainbow?

I really would like to play with one of those night vision optics but never been brave enough to buy one without seeing it first.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    I can see in total darkness about 100yrds clearly, on a bright night tho about 150yrds, when i say clearly i mean enough to read 2" letters clearly, further if you are just wanting to identify a human target.

If you want to swing by any night and check it out, ur more than welcome to, for the price right now you cant beat it, 500 bucks and comes with IR projector and a nice ass hard case. the crosshairs are adj brightness and it has very good focusing as well as 1/8" click @100yrds. Its a 4x magnification scope.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I can see in total darkness about 100yrds clearly, on a bright night tho about 150yrds, when i say clearly i mean enough to read 2" letters clearly, further if you are just wanting to identify a human target.

If you want to swing by any night and check it out, ur more than welcome to, for the price right now you cant beat it, 500 bucks and comes with IR projector and a nice ass hard case. the crosshairs are adj brightness and it has very good focusing as well as 1/8" click @100yrds. Its a 4x magnification scope.

I didn't know they made them below like 3K. That's interesting. I might buy one for just the hell of it for that price. Where is a good place to buy them? SWFA?

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Cabelas in BR has 1 left right now, 499.95 plus tax. If you cant get there id be glad to grab it for you and hold it a day or 2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom