My sons 1st time point sparring. Illegal superman punch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    He has been boxing for over a year and is now training in mma but wanted to try Karate point sparring. He didnt really grasp the concept of "its not a fight" its a touch for a "point". O well he came in 2nd out of 5 and only made 2 kids cry and almost got dq'd twice for punching in face. The kid in the video clip won the match and 1st place but got his jaw rocked for running at my son. LOL He had fun and we will do it again but its defenitly not what he was expecting or used to.

Last edited by a moderator:

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Thanks for embedding it for me. Im still debating if we will be point sparring again cause he said it was fun was fun but he almost started a dang riot with just a couple punches like that. Its dang near impossible for him to turn off "punching to the face" and being " overly aggressive" when he trains 5 days a week to fight. O well he can stick to boxing and just train mma on the side for fun. Cause Karate tournaments that say all martial arts welcome is not quit a 100% accurate. It may seem Im knocking Karate but Im not the kids competing there were great athletes, very respectful, disciplined and having fun so it is a great sport in my book. Just not a combat , fighting or contact sport.

Last edited:

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    NICE!!! Yeah, keep him in the real sports. No punching in the face?!?! PFFFT!!! Being a good boxer is a great foundation for him

Top Bottom