my story of wrongful arrest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Marchiafava is a douche.

Ditto on the above.

I suffered the unfortunate circumstance of meeting him at a gun show several years ago.

The guy is a Nutjob, with a much deserving capital N.

As for the OP, I suggest getting an attorney. If you are as outraged at the principle of the events as you claim, then getting an attorney involved will straighten any slander that occurred. It's possible that there were multiple mistakes and miscommunications that led to your warrants and inevitable arrest.
    Some of these mistakes may have been yours. I'm not pointing fingers, just saying that getting a lawyer will help you straighten up the paperwork and give you a clearer picture as to where you stand.
    If you do think the system is screwed up, getting things straight will bump enough heads to help you, as well as a future person, avoid some major headaches.

Complaining about the system is great, but not taking any action to change it is foolish. Things in this nation may be headed in the wrong direction, but, for now, we still have the ability to question it and seek changes.

Not using this ability ensures its removal.

txt2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    baton rouge la
    ben sir you are correct i should and thats why i made the post is for yall advice on the matter and peeps dont get me wrong if i would ever recieve any money because of this i would use it i am not wealthy person i would consider myself middle class but that wouldnt be my prime objective it just sucks at how humilated you feel to be arrested and espically with your kids there and you know for a fact that you did nothing wrong and i appreciate all the advice and comments i really do and i will seek an attorney for my case does anyone on here know a good one thats not from ascension parish ?

Hey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    South LA
    ben sir you are correct i should and thats why i made the post is for yall advice on the matter and peeps dont get me wrong if i would ever recieve any money because of this i would use it i am not wealthy person i would consider myself middle class but that wouldnt be my prime objective it just sucks at how humilated you feel to be arrested and espically with your kids there and you know for a fact that you did nothing wrong and i appreciate all the advice and comments i really do and i will seek an attorney for my case does anyone on here know a good one thats not from ascension parish ?

Please check you inbox, OP.

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    So why didn't you pay your child support to begin with? I mean before it ever became an issue with the court? So in order for it be paid up it's coming out of your pay check? Garnishment? That's what it takes to get you to pay? False imprisonment? Let's see didn't show up for court,judge issues bench warrant,police execute warrant and book you into jail............oh but an ADA told you once the garnishment kicked in you wouldn't have to show up to court anymore..........good luck finding a lawyer who will even touch it.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    IMO, this doesn't seem to be a case of wrongful arrest. YOU failed to show up for court, the judge issued a bench warrant, and the police served it.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    So why didn't you pay your child support to begin with? I mean before it ever became an issue with the court? So in order for it be paid up it's coming out of your pay check? Garnishment? That's what it takes to get you to pay? False imprisonment? Let's see didn't show up for court,judge issues bench warrant,police execute warrant and book you into jail............oh but an ADA told you once the garnishment kicked in you wouldn't have to show up to court anymore..........good luck finding a lawyer who will even touch it.

IMO, this doesn't seem to be a case of wrongful arrest. YOU failed to show up for court, the judge issued a bench warrant, and the police served it.
    SSSHHH, what are you guys doing, this is not a thread about the difference between bench warrants and affiant warrants, its about dickhead cops and motorcycles...

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    We need many more of these lawsuits in places where they may be won.

Man’s arrest on gun charge prompts lawsuit

By SONYA KIMBRELL
    Advocate staff writer
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/police/3100841.html?showAll=y

Story originally published in The Advocate
    [.....]
    Idolizing people like Mark Edward Marchiafava is not helping your case, and may make you appear on the crazy side of the coin. Kinda puts you in the camp of those idiots who murdered the police officers in LaPlace.
    eg. http://travel.3dresearch.com/stories/louisiana/980627.html

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well it seems that this thread has once again proven how bad things have gotten on this site. Oh well. Those that can see it already know and those that can't are part of the problem.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Well it seems that this thread has once again proven how bad things have gotten on this site. Oh well. Those that can see it already know and those that can't are part of the problem.

Can you expound on this? I must be part of the problem.

The whole story doesn't really pass the logic test, so people have raised concerns/asked questions. What's wrong with that? Bringing up MEM never helps ones case either...

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Can you expound on this? I must be part of the problem.

The whole story doesn't really pass the logic test, so people have raised concerns/asked questions. What's wrong with that? Bringing up MEM never helps ones case either...

Because every thread other than the locked classifieds has 3 different types of people in them.
    1. The nice guy- always lending a hand or advice and passing on words of assurance.
    2. The tin foil- the gov't is doing this. Always has a story to relate on how the gov't is corrupt and out to get you.
    3. The jack a**- always think they are right, or if they aren't right they will argue to ensure the other guy will be thought to be wrong. Sometimes they posses no actual knowledge on the topic at hand but they will argue til the death.
    Disclaimer:
    This is just a general observation and that is all. Do not take any offense to it. Also, if an argument is what you want after reading this; you won't get it from me.

txt2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    baton rouge la
    no for one didnt have a court date and two they put on the website and paper warrant for non payment say you were even close to correct the warrant would have been for failure to appear not non support !

txt2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    baton rouge la
    wtf are u talkin about murdering and stuff for jeeze i think you gotta lil loon in you we talking about just getting done wrong by the system and you come out with that bs wow !!

txt2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    baton rouge la
    so why didn't you pay your child support to begin with? I mean before it ever became an issue with the court? So in order for it be paid up it's coming out of your pay check? Garnishment? That's what it takes to get you to pay? False imprisonment? Let's see didn't show up for court,judge issues bench warrant,police execute warrant and book you into jail............oh but an ada told you once the garnishment kicked in you wouldn't have to show up to court anymore..........good luck finding a lawyer who will even touch it.
    for one i didny get garnished i went to the state and reported my income and asked it be taken out of my check so i didnt haft to deal with her how do you think i got out had proof of all payments paid thank god !!! Never was garnished ever

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Because every thread other than the locked classifieds has 3 different types of people in them.
    1. The nice guy- always lending a hand or advice and passing on words of assurance.
    2. The tin foil- the gov't is doing this. Always has a story to relate on how the gov't is corrupt and out to get you.
    3. The jack a**- always think they are right, or if they aren't right they will argue to ensure the other guy will be thought to be wrong. Sometimes they posses no actual knowledge on the topic at hand but they will argue til the death.
    Disclaimer:
    This is just a general observation and that is all. Do not take any offense to it. Also, if an argument is what you want after reading this; you won't get it from me.

This is going to sound like I am trying to be a #1, but what I am going to put forth is going to wreak of #2; but if it's far fetched and possibly untrue I will come off as a #3!

Your ex is sleeping with someone that has tentacles in the system. ;)

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Come on. A little punctuation wouldn't hurt. It doesn't have to even be correct punctuation. Try this: Instead of immediately hitting the reply button after you type your reply, read your post out loud and insert a random comma or period every time you stop to take a breath.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Let's all take a deep breath and stop posting about MEM.

"Ding...Ding."

images

Top Bottom