My VZ grips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    So about a year and a half ago I got some VZ grips for my 1911 for christmas. Canvas Micarta in OD green. I really like them.

BUT, I just went in my gun safe the other day. The 1911 has been in there for probably a year without being taken to the range. My beautiful OD green grips have turned pretty brown. I'm pretty disappointed in this. And before anyone suggests, I didn't get any oil or solvent on them, as I read that they will soak up some stuff like that, being made originally from canvas. They just turned brown by themselves.

I guess I just have to say "oh well." The brown isn't terrible or anything, but it came with plain brown wooden grips already. So for my money I got grips with a much nicer texture and thumb groove, but I guess I'm still stuck with brown.

On the bright side, the brown matches the orange fiber optic front sight better than the green, so I guess I don't have to get a different fiber optic insert like I planned.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    My camera is a piece of garbage, and I'm not blessed with a magical internet phone. I might get some up later, but I'll have to scour my PC for pics of the grips back when they were green.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom