MyGunDB

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Just posting to share this cool Gun database software. Havent seen it on here but I havent been frequenting as much as I like so I dont think its a dupe. I found it on Ar15 this morning and seems superior to the excel spreadsheet I have been using. Will help out FFL's and regular collectors alike. I am not way affiliated with the maker so any questions or bug issues should be directed at the contact on the website.

http://myifsgundb.com/

Wolfrage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I'd be careful about listing all that info on your computer along with serial numbers. Hackers/thieves can gain access to all your info.

Hope you don't mind me jumping but I'm the author of MyGunDB. The databases are encrypted and you can add your own password. The password isn't stored anywhere; it's used to generate a decryption key on the fly. On top of that, the installer files are signed with a code signing cert to prevent tampering.

privacy and security are my prime concerns.

So can a hacker get in? Sure. If they can figure out your password. Even I can't gain access to my own DB if I lost the password.

So really the greater risk is to those who store their info on a piece of paper where anyone can read it, not storing it on a computer. Someone would have to somehow target your computer (which hackers dont' do; they scan blocks instead), find your encrypted database, spend a LOT of time and effort trying to get your password and then know what to do with the info once they have it.

Your data is safe in MyGunDB ;)

Wolfrage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Wolfrage, since I have all my data in GunSafe, and I export the data as comma seperated data, could your program import that data?

Yep, you can import .csv files. I haven't used GunSafe myself but I know others have before switching.

Don't forget that the free version of MyGunDB is fully functional so you can try it out and let me know if you have any issues.

Top Bottom