Nagin wants his gun rights restored.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Convicted ex-New Orleans mayor has done his time. Now, can he get the right to carry a gun?

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, who was convicted on federal bribery, money laundering and other corruption charges in 2014, has completed his 10-year sentence and is asking a federal judge to restore his rights to carry a gun and vote.

Complete story here:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    In theory he could get his firearm rights restored after ten years post completion of all terms of his sentencing.

However:

It requires AFT restoring those rights, and that appeals process has NEVER been funded by congress, therefore it has never happened, in practice.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    He should be allowed to join the NOPD and put him on patrol in the worse district. I guess that would be any district but…anyway that should be his only way.
    On a serious note, IF he can get a Presidential Pardon, he would easily be able to do the part-time Reserve academy on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and take 3 weeks off from work and go through the NOPD firearms class and the Tactical Shotgun portion(fun.)
    He might be too much of wuss for it though. He'd get his feelings hurt and might not be able to clear all his steel targets after running a lap around the parking lot. God that was fun!(Good ole days!)

Last edited:

dangerousdon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    So I don't post here often but I thought this might be a worthy topic to discuss. At one point in my life I would have said, "if you are a felon, there are no Second Amendment Rights for you." Today I am not so sure. I have met many people in my life that made mistakes when they were younger and had low level felonies. They did their time, paid their restitution, and are now good, hard working contributing citizens. I am definitely for these people having their rights restored. Bit where do you stop that line? I can honestly say that any kind of violent crime, crimes in which you used a firearm to commit, domestic crimes, and sex crimes, these people should never have their 2A rights restored among other things. But for white collar crimes and others along these lines, yeah, maybe there should be a path to restore their rights. In the situation of Mr. Nagin...while I am not a fan of his...I am not sure his crimes should prohibit him from owning a firearm forever. I guess even he needs a path forward.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom