National Parks??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Anyone know what the current legalities are with reference to having a firearm in a national park? IIRC there was some pending legislation that would allow it.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    i pity no man who tries to fight FEDERAL firearms violation laws. have fun.

i carried in land between the lakes kentucky, only after being reassured i could with a police commission. he warned me repeatedly that i could carry, but make sure i had a commission or they would arrest me.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I have been wanting to ride my motorcycle to Alaska .. Been wanting to do this for years .. One of the things stopping me is that I cannot carry a gun in Canada...

I am not about to try to smuggle a gun across the border so I am just not going..:rofl:

Maybe one day when I become more adept at my Hand to hand combat with Bears .. But until that day I will just not be able to achieve that goal..

As for state parks .. It is illegal should you chose to break the law be prepared for the consequences .. I (know a guy) who has carried in several national forest all over the united states.. (He) was in a park in Michigan and got surprised by a bear and shot in the air to scare it off .. No way I (I mean he was gonna shoot at the bear .. Carrying a gun is one thing killing a bear out of season and without a license is another.) Anyway..

I (I mean this guy;)) was breaking the law but was very glad he did when it was all said and done.. (and even gladder that he made it out of the woods without running into a park ranger that heard the shot ..)

I understand that being in the forest comes with risks.. I also know you are not supposed to carry guns .. I just think that if you have to defend yourself from a Bear or wolf or Mountain lion.. A stick is not going to cut it..

I am not sure I would do what I did.. ( I mean my friend would do what he did ) again...

But I don't really camp like I used to .. I am getting to lazy and to old to sleep on the grounds in the woods..

If you decide to carry in the park .. Good luck..
    I wont tell you I have never done it .. But I am older now and I dont do alot of things I used to ..:D

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I don't plan on carrying in the park. We are going to Rocky Mountain National Park. The bear/mountain lion populations are very small. And we are taking our dog with us, so we can't leave the paved areas to go hiking anyway. I just didn't want to leave it in the hotel. If I have to break it down and lock it up, that's fine with me.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Are there roads that enable someone to drive to Alaska from the Continental?

I thought that was the last frontier and why the ferry runs out of Seattle?

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    There is a ferry.. But there are groups that go up every year.. there is kinda an established route.. No biggie ... I will live.. Just one more disappointment I will learn to live with..:D

Like not being able to bring my motorcycle with me to England and riding there while Im on vacation.. (It takes almost a month each way to get my bike there) Thats alot of planning and forethought.. And a long time without my bike..

I thought about renting a bike while in England but that is so expensive I could rent 2 cars instead..:rofl:

No biggie.. Maybe one day I will get a crossbow or something...:rofl::rofl:

Top Bottom