Natural Gas Grill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a gas hook up on my back patio, I'm thinking about buying a natural gas grill so I don't have to worry about making propane runs anymore.

383648D4-E75D-4A36-892E-53D245EF7233_zpshanri8ce.jpg

58ED6A31-6129-49DE-B090-3E2A199E1137_zps0rcoh5hj.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the gas hook up.

What I'm wondering is, is gas grills "standard". Meaning, do I just uncap that, and screw in the hose from the grill? Or would there be adaptors I would have to buy?

I'm contemplating picking this grill up:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EG2KLE/ref=twister_B00B6EEWG2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not opposed to getting a "built in grill" either, but figure I would have to pay for someone to make it "permanent". And honestly, I don't think any grill will last a life time, so would rather something that can be removed after its service life.

Like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Weber-Summit-...1435501190&sr=8-60&keywords=natural+gas+grill

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    All you have to do is remove the nipple coming out the valve coming out of the wall. Then thread the hose coming out of the grill into the valve and your done. Also make sure you put Teflon tape, or pipe dope on the threads before you make them up.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They are completely different systems, if you want a NG grill you need to get one sold as such, or buy a conversion kit for your propane grill.

And just to be safe, I'd consider replacing that NG outlet and valve as it looks a little haggard. May not be necessary, but cheap insurance and I don't take chances with NG.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They are completely different systems, if you want a NG grill you need to get one sold as such, or buy a conversion kit for your propane grill.

The grill in the link is sold as a Natural gas grill. I just wasn't sure if there's a standard fitting or does it need some type of special fitting depending on the item getting fitted to it.

Top Bottom