Need .22lr Pistol for Suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I'm still waiting on the can but I am getting closer and have still not made a purchase so I am bumping this thread just incase something new has come along that I should look at.

I really like the Sig Mosquito and if it runs with quality ammo I am fine with that. Reviews are sometimes not positive due to people running crap ammo through a weapon and blaming the weapon which is not the cause of the issue. If a Sig runs like a top with say CCI ammo then I'm fine with that.

Otherwise I am still on the Ruger LITE train.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have an SR22 TB in the shop if you want to come take a look at it. Great little gun. Also have an M&P22. I don't keep that many .22lr's in stock due to the ammo situation.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Have you considered a integrally suppressed pistol? Doug Melton at SRT Arms made this one for me and I couldn't be happier with it. Shoots any CCI standard velocity or mini mags with 100% reliability. Accurate as all get out too.
    48d7f191-2a81-4311-a659-ebd022bed552.jpg

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Prefer the option to be able to 1, take it apart for cleaning, 2, use on multiple host weapons such as a pistol and an already acquired bolt action rifle. Plus it's already bought and the paper work is submitted at the BATFE so too late to change even if I wanted to.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Had a mosquito, didn't like it for a couple reasons. Malfunctioned frequently, and was pretty inaccurate. I wanted to like it due to its size, but but wound up getting rid of it.
    My friend has a colt (walther) gold cup and I like it a lot. Was pretty accurate and functioned with cheap ammo just fine. It's on my short list to acquire one. From what I gather they use the same adapter as a P22.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Bannon, I have the 22/45 Lite with TB - my Sparrow SS should be in any day but you are certainly welcome to shoot it whenever you want with your can and see what you think. Call me tomorrow or Friday and I can meet you at the range (unless there is super secret swat training going on).
    Ed

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I had the 22/45 with factory threaded bull barrel. It was very reliable and the 4.5" barrel was great for keeping the velocity down on everything. I still suggest the Tac Sol, especially if you're ever going to consider "practicing" with it. Same controls as your current Glock. Shoot mine anytime you want.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Prefer the option to be able to 1, take it apart for cleaning, 2, use on multiple host weapons such as a pistol and an already acquired bolt action rifle. Plus it's already bought and the paper work is submitted at the BATFE so too late to change even if I wanted to.

Ah, gotcha. Well, good luck with whatever you choose. BTW, just as an aside, the SRT pistol is actually user serviceable. It has a small allen screw, that you can't see in my picture, under the barrel that allows you to take it apart for cleaning. Again, good luck in finding a host pistol.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Anybody have a GSG 922?

Seems to have everything I'm looking for. Short Barrel to keep all ammo subsonic. Short OAL for compactness. I can find mags. Adjustable / changeable sights. Rail is a nice feature to attach a light for nighttime nuisance critters.

Just need some comments on how reliable it is. I found some reviews on the full size that were positive. I know I would need a thread adaptor but that's no big deal and can be had for about $40.

Last edited:

Hot Pepper

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Pearland,TX
    22 Host

I just purchased a Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite as a hose for my SWR Spectre II. I couldn't be more pleased with the results! It's super lite, come with a factory threaded barrel, and due to the 4.5" barrel it
    Keeps standard velocity 22lr subsonic.

Southland Fi

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Morgan City
    I just purchased a Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite as a hose for my SWR Spectre II. I couldn't be more pleased with the results! It's super lite, come with a factory threaded barrel, and due to the 4.5" barrel it
    Keeps standard velocity 22lr subsonic.

I'm using the same gun except using an AAC element.

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I have a Walther made Colt Gold Cup Trophy full size 1911 in .22 that comes with a factory threaded barrel that uses the same adapter as a Walther P22. It is one of several versions of 1911s made by Walther for Colt. Great little piece and not much more than a good .22 conversion setup for a .45 1911 plus then you don`t need to change parts.
    PICT0058.jpg

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    I ended up going with the GSG 922. So far it has been a GREAT little pistol. I have shot 200 rounds threw it and only had 5 failures to feed HOWEVER 3 FOR SURE were induced by me by riding my thumb on the slide; the light recoil spring just does not have the force to slam the slide home if your thumb is riding the slide, so not a weapon issure at all. The other 2 could have VERY LIKELY been my fault as well and if I were a betting man I would say they probably were but I just did not feel them like I did on the other 3. Accuracy has been STELLAR, I was really surprised at how well it does shoot for only having a 3.4" barrel. I perfer to use a 6 o'clock hold for aiming and I did notice that doing so causes the gun to hit low. You have to use a covering hold to make POA and POI conincide. However the gun comes with 3 front sight post; a low, medium and high. The medium is installed from the factory and I bet if I swap it out for the low it would give me the sight picture I prefer but I am waiting on my can to show just to see if that will change the POI before I make the swap. I ordered a thread adaptor from Silencer Co and installed that as well so now I am just wating on the BATFE. The thread adaptor was about $45. I did find some cheaper alternatives for about $25 but being my suppressor is a Silencer Co brand I figured I'd stick with them to make sure everything is Kosher. The light rail will come in handy for night vermin as I already have a TRL on another pistol I can rob. The gun only came with 1 mag which is my only gripe as I wish an extra would be included but I guess to make their desired price point it wasn't an option. The picture of the decoy was shot at a stepped off distance of 15 yards. Yes I know 2 shots is not a group but I had shot the first 8 rounds at pine cones when my buddy threw out the decoy and said shoot this so I only had 2 rounds left in the mag. It could only have went down hill from there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom