Need a well drilled.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I just called them in my area 210' well would cost with everything $3600 + or - $6 per foot.

I had several wells drilled when I lived near Independence ,la. 80' was the common distance in the 80's . The water table have dropped in the last few years ,anything above 50' would be surface water . In my opinion 210' should be real good water and the well should last a long time ,unless lighting should hit the well. I assume you are talking $3600
    with pump and tank.
    The last one I had done by Gill's was 1984 for an above ground pump which will only bring water above surface approx. 25' .I think it cost $1000 . I drilled several irrigation wells for crops, myself,but a
    a lot of hard work. Good luck with that.

but the taste of the water did not matter.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Anyone know how to make well water not smell like rotten eggs? :(

You have hydrogen sulfide gas in your groundwater.

Hydrogen sulfide gas in the groundwater the water may be treated by:

-Activated carbon filters for hydrogen sulfide concentrations less than 1 mg/L.
    -Manganese greensand filters for hydrogen sulfide concentrations up to 6 mg/L.
    -Oxidation filtration systems for hydrogen sulfide concentrations up to and exceeding 6 mg/L.
    -Chlorine injection system

It may be possible to drill deeper and hit another source with no Hydrogen sulfide gas.

My aunt has this problem with her well. They place the water in a 3 gallon container and allow the hydrogen sulfide to escape prior to drinking (usually 8-12 hours).

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    You have hydrogen sulfide gas in your groundwater.

Hydrogen sulfide gas in the groundwater the water may be treated by:

-Activated carbon filters for hydrogen sulfide concentrations less than 1 mg/L.
    -Manganese greensand filters for hydrogen sulfide concentrations up to 6 mg/L.
    -Oxidation filtration systems for hydrogen sulfide concentrations up to and exceeding 6 mg/L.
    -Chlorine injection system

It may be possible to drill deeper and hit another source with no Hydrogen sulfide gas.

My aunt has this problem with her well. They place the water in a 3 gallon container and allow the hydrogen sulfide to escape prior to drinking (usually 8-12 hours).
    How/who can test concentration levels?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    How/who can test concentration levels?

If you know someone who works at one of the local plants, most of them have chem labs that are capable of doing water analysis. Perhaps they could arrange to hook you up.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Anyone know how to make well water not smell like rotten eggs? :(

I use a PUR Filter from Home Depot mounted on my kitchen sink for coffee, cooking etc. Does a great job!
    I use a laundry detergent with Renuzit in it for washing clothes.
    There are also whole house water filters but I'm to cheap to install one of those lol!!!

Top Bottom