Need advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bera

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I would like a suppressor. I have heard that it is about to be harder to get due to law changes with llc and trusts. I have also heard that suppressors may soon be treated as a firearm meaning no trust or 200 dollar stamp.

Who is correct or is it all up in the air?

Thanks

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    First, the BATFE is going to require background checks on everyone listed on the trust. My opinion: it should have been this way from the start. As I am lucky enough to live in a parish with a Sheriff that has no problem signing form 4's I have no use for a trust. Why should I pay a lawyer for something I don't need?

Second question, yes there is a bill called the hearing protection act that would remove supresdors from the NFA. My opinion: never going to happen. No legislator is going to stick his/her neck out far enough to vote for this.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    As long as a Democrat is in the White House it won't get easier. He/She will veto any attempt to make access to NFA items easier irrespective of the logic. Last year the administration 'threatened' Executive Action to further restrict access to NFA items. I opened a Trust in January and beat the 'threat' of Executive Action. In regard to the necessity for background checks on everyone listed in the trust, I think it is ridiculous. Many on my trust have had more extensive background checks due to Military service and employment. You have to list everyone's name and address on the trust so it is easy enough for anyone in law enforcement to assess the background of anyone on the trust.

bera

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Background checks are not an issue, I was considering the trust route so My son could take possession of the suppressor after I am gone with no issues.

Thanks for the input.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Here's what you need to know.

http://www.laguntrusts.com/blog

1+ for this fella to do a trust, very easy, explains everything clearly for us slower fella's like myself, and offers to help with copy's,changes to trust, or any questions, others I have heard of will take your money give you your trust and you are on your own!!!!

If you go with it I encourage you to check with Landry guns, he's on bayou shooter also, he has a lot in stock so no need for a form 3 and wait for a serial number for your form 4, and more than fair prices, he maid it very easy for me to buy 3 suppressors lol!!!!

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    If you go with it I encourage you to check with Landry guns, he's on bayou shooter also, he has a lot in stock so no need for a form 3 and wait for a serial number for your form 4, and more than fair prices, he maid it very easy for me to buy 3 suppressors lol!!!!

People like that are as bad as crack dealers!! Once they sell you one, your hooked...

Top Bottom