Need help with a clever FB response to an Anti as it relates to Gun Free Zones

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Team-

I know I'd better spend my time trying to teach a pig to sing, but I need a hand on formulating a zinger of a response to a staunch Anti who thinks Gun Free Zones in Schools are a good thing.

Here's the thread so far:

The Anti friend response..
    Geeeeez, what could possibly go wrong...
    GOP Congressman Introduces Bill To Abolish Gun-Free School Zones
    Congressman Thomas Massie (R-KY) introduced H.R. 86, the Safe Students Act, which would repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990.
    forwardprogressives.com
    http://www.forwardprogressives.com/gop-congressman-introduces-bill-abolish-gun-free-school-zones/

My initial response:

What could go wrong? A lawfully armed and extensively trained teacher or administrator might be able to retrieve their locked up firearm and stop a maniac with a gun and prevent the shooting of a youngster, teacher, custodian, lunch lady or administrator-that's what could go wrong. I know you don't like guns and that's OK, but history has shown that gun free zones are chosen almost exclusively by madmen because they know they won't be challenged or stopped. They know no one will shoot back-until the cops arrive. Hopefully you realized this many years ago. Gun Free Zones only work for honest people who follow the law. The average response time across the country for police is 9 minutes, look it up if you don't believe me. 9 minutes or even 5 minutes is an eternity for an active shooter situation.

The Anti and and friend of the Anti's terse responses:

ANTI-FRIEND: Yeah not likely. But that's the kind of insane rhetoric we get from people who just have to have penis extenders.

ANTI-FRIEND: Hey "Dirty" if you believe only honest people follow laws, then why do we have stop lights and speed limits? After all, only "honest people" will follow them.

ORIGINAL POSTER: Ummm, the teachers first responsibility is getting the children to a safe place. As with Sandy Hook, teachers his their children in closets and other areas. I have teacher friends who know this is wrong to be armed. Yeah and they are not all liberals.

ORIGINAL POSTER: A handgun is no match to an AK47.

ANTI-FRIEND: I'm to the point where I'd like to see someone introduce legislation to introduce Republican-Free Zones. I'm tired of their BS.

Come on Team, let's come up with a response that'll make their eyeballs cross.

Thanks,
    Dirty

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    You need to find new friends.

+1

You need a response. Tell your friends to stop living with their heads up their ass and don't believe everything the media tells them. You can go back and forth all day with what if scenarios but in the end you can't fix stupid... You have to get them to acknowledge that they have made schools target rich environments.

My wife is a teacher and what they told her for active shooter situations is lock the door barricade it and throw books as weapons... Yeah a pistol doesn't do much against an ak/m4. So is a book better than a pistol or am I just wired wrong?

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Does not deserve a response. They would rather teachers to get their children to a "safe place" and wait for someone to come rescue them. The stop light and stop sign comment is just ignorant, apples to oranges. "A handgun is no match for an AK", so they would rather them be murdered while cowering in their office/classroom closet rather than actually attempting to defend themselves? "Republican free zone" is exactly what those libtards deserve, move them all (liberals) to their own island and let them start their own country with no guns and petroleum burning earth killing machines... Im sure it would be great!... For us...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Shoot them! ;)

Seriously though; you will be hard pressed to convince these people of anything involving reason and logic. Their brains are impervious to it!

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    You have zero chance of reasoning with them. Just move on they will never understand that just because it's a GUN FREE ZONE that a criminal won't bring a gun.

If you can talk, you can breathe

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    They have Rebuplican free zones in fantasy land, which is where you belong if you think that act has prevented one act of violence since it passed.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    No point in exchanging breath at this point. Their best defense was to start with the personal attacks. Its not coincidence that the personal attack involved a penis reference.

May as well be on the playground screaming, " I know you are ! But What am I ". Because this is EXACTLY where you are in that discussion.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    ANTI-FRIEND: Hey "Dirty" if you believe only honest people follow laws, then why do we have stop lights and speed limits? After all, only "honest people" will follow them.

In 2010, there were an estimated 5,419,000 crashes (30,296 fatal crashes), killing 32,999 and injuring 2,239,000. Additionally, the 32,479 traffic fatalities in 2011 were the lowest in 62 years (since 1949)

Annual citations including speeding and running traffic lights/signs: estimated at ~33,500,000 for 2010 - per dmv.org

To Anti-Friend #2: I like where you're at. If we made running a red light a minimum sentence of 25 years in prison, we could in theory save 32,479 lives yer year. In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides, active shooters, and unintentional shootings combined.

We could theoretically save more people by getting harder on traffic laws than gun laws. #dropthemic

Fun fact: know what stops a red light speeder from killing a family of 4? An 18-wheeler that pulls out in front of him. Now why's anyone need a giant penis-extending vehicle like that? I dunno, lets ask the family of 4.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No point in exchanging breath at this point. Their best defense was to start with the personal attacks. Its not coincidence that the personal attack involved a penis reference.

May as well be on the playground screaming, " I know you are ! But What am I ". Because this is EXACTLY where you are in that discussion.

I was going to acknowledge this too. It really has become a trademark trait of phony liberals. Shouting down opposition, demonization of the individual or group, and bullying the discussion has now become a Hallmark of their argument. And if any of them understood the decorum of debate; they would know that is a serious no-no!

That is why I left it alone. You have to be a person with some sense to understand that! I bet phony liberals make terrible soldiers!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Hey Friend #1, lets play a game.

I'm going to load my taser. You go into a house and hide, and call 911.

When I find you, you get tased repeatedly until the cops arrive - at which point the game is over.

Wanna play?

Now...

How much would it change the game if you had a taser too?
    How much would it change if I knew that any of the 10 additional people in the house may also have tasers and would possibly try to stop me?
    How much does it change the game if you put a "no tasers allowed" sign on your fridge?
    How much does it change when you realize that just getting the hell out of the house is far smarter, despite what the liberal playbook advised?

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Original Poster:

A pistol is no match for an AK47? The best gunfighter I ever saw shot a man in the back of the head with a .22. Now, does it matter what type of weapon the deceased was carrying?

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Keep 'em coming guys!

This is going to be fun.

-Vince, Cam and I wound up getting that trailer hitch re-installed. You know you're always the first call when problems on 4 wheels rear their ugly head.

Dirty

Last edited:
    Top Bottom