Need some info on prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    Long story short, dad passed away recently with from a short battle with cancer, 1 month, and he wanted us to get rid of his registered M2 and his 1919, as they are the most expensive to shoot and maintain. We have already had some vultures try coming in and offering some crazy low prices for some of this stuff. I'm just looking to see what some of you think.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Someone will be along shortly to answer the value question. You can also do some some research on gunbroker.com.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I checked GB and nobody has a Ma Deuce for sale, or a 1919 in 30-06 that is fully transferable.

I have to ask...... is the M2 in full working and auto condition? I understand that it is registered and all, but does it actually shoot?

If it is I would venture a guess of somewhere in the $30k range, if you can find someone to buy it.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Long story short, dad passed away recently with from a short battle with cancer, 1 month, and he wanted us to get rid of his registered M2 and his 1919, as they are the most expensive to shoot and maintain. We have already had some vultures try coming in and offering some crazy low prices for some of this stuff. I'm just looking to see what some of you think.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

I would hold onto them until the election. If Obama wins, you can name your price, and I think he will.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have to ask...... is the M2 in full working and auto condition? I understand that it is registered and all, but does it actually shoot?

If it is I would venture a guess of somewhere in the $30k range, if you can find someone to buy it.

Yes, they shoot, as OP is selling them because shooting them is expensive, per his first post.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I've talked to some NFA Dealers and MORE info is what you'll need before asking.

Manufacture?
    Condition?
    Tripod?
    Side-Plate?

Getting it out of LA will be a MAJOR pain being as we have both State and Feds to deal with.

I've seen 1919's for $20k but they were in excellent shape with Tri-pod and T&E.

M2's with the same gear and in good shape can get up to $28k.

The market on these guns is SLIM to say the VERY least. AMMO for these dudes is sky high and they aren't easy to move unless you're going to dumb it on a vulture as you said has already been around. I'd plan on sitting on them for some time to come and just be patient. Like has been said. If Obama wins, you might could make a small fortune off it ir your willing to be patient and put it on an Auction site.

There's plenty of Class III Pro's here to guide you I'm sure but you should get the above info ready and handy for them to be able to work with you.

What you've asked is the equivalent of me asking you "How much would you give me for my truck?" with you not knowing who made it, how many miles is on it, what's it come with? and so on and so forth. Know what I mean? ;)

Last edited:

lw55566

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 27, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    You really need to post more info for accurate pricing. I am an FFL/SOT in Gretna and would be glad to help you sell the items. This is the way you will get the most return out of each item. Feel free to contact me 504-231-1765

I agree with all of Hitman's statements, but transferring them out of Louisiana is not to hard. Time consuming - yes, but not to bad.

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Just curious, how does the law handle inherited Class III? I know that there shouldn't be any problems if there were a trust, and other family members were on the trust, but wondering about how an inheritance works without a trust?

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    Sorry for the lack of updates on this. Dad's service was this week, it's been kind of rough. As for the M-2 it is ready to go with the tripod, T&E and extra barrels, and parts along with some ammo that will be going up for sale later this year. Everything else that he had will be split up between me and my brother on form 5's. The only problem for me is the stuff is out of state and it will take some more time than I want to get it here. This whole thing really sucks, Dad was just 60 when he passed. I'm getting some cool stuff but this is not how I wanted to be getting it. I would trade it all for more time... Dad's favorite thing to do was let people shoot his stuff at the machine gun shoots that he went to around the country. When I get this stuff I plan on doing the same thing. I got to stop typing before I short out the keyboard.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Sorry for the lack of updates on this. Dad's service was this week, it's been kind of rough. As for the M-2 it is ready to go with the tripod, T&E and extra barrels, and parts along with some ammo that will be going up for sale later this year. Everything else that he had will be split up between me and my brother on form 5's. The only problem for me is the stuff is out of state and it will take some more time than I want to get it here. This whole thing really sucks, Dad was just 60 when he passed. I'm getting some cool stuff but this is not how I wanted to be getting it. I would trade it all for more time... Dad's favorite thing to do was let people shoot his stuff at the machine gun shoots that he went to around the country. When I get this stuff I plan on doing the same thing. I got to stop typing before I short out the keyboard.

Sorry to hear all that, he sounds like a great man!!! At least you have some great memories of your father.

Top Bottom