Needs LEO Interpretation on Texting Law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I understand what yall are referring to but that has nothing to do with "fog lights". Fog lights are traditionally mounted low on the bumper and would never effect other drivers.

What I think yall are referring to are the aftermarket HID bulbs that people put in headlight housings that arent designed for them. The problem isnt the bulbs themselves, those HID bulbs are actually safer because they are brighter and light the road up better for everyone, the problem is that if your vehicle didnt originally come with HID bulbs then the reflectors in the housings arent shaped to properly direct and focus the beam from that style, not brightness, of bulb/lamp. Instead it will scatter the beam all over the place. Regular halogen "old style" headlight bulbs will blind you just as much at the right angle you just dont notice it as much because most vehicles headlight housings throughout history were made for this type of bulb.

A problem bigger than any of the issues with reflector housings and mismatching bulbs is that very few people ever "aim" their headlights. Just about every vehicle has a process and adjustment for aiming the headlights to the right vertical and horizontal heading so not to blind other drivers.Nobody does this. Its a matter of routine maintenance as the headlights will shift over time from the vibration of the vehicle or the fatigue of the parts.

I sometimes drive my Civic which sits very low to the ground and I get blinded by trucks and SUVs with stock headlights all the time. Those same trucks and SUVs never blind me when Im in my lifted Land Rover Discovery. When your eyes are at the same level as the oncoming headlights you will always be blinded by them no matter the type of headlight coming at you. Even worse are lifted trucks and trucks with heavy loads in the bed or are pulling trailers or boats with a lot of tongue weight as this sags the rear of the vehicle and changes the aim point of the headlights right into the eyes of the oncoming drivers. Europe, always being ahead of the U.S., is now requiring that vehicle manufacturers design auto-adjusting headlights that level out automatically to help mitigate this problem.

So would yall suggest banning lifted hunting trucks? Pulling people over if their rear end is sagging too much from pulling their yacht? Got too much lumber in the back of you truck? Get a ticket. See its not just "those damn kids" or "rapper thugs". Change your tune when the shoe is on the other foot, dont ya?

Every problem in the U.S. cant be legislated away by one group of people who arent affected or understand or care about "those other people". We all are "those other people" when we're on the road. My solution is a simple one. I wear lightly shaded polarized glasses at night.:cool: You wouldnt think wearing sunglasses at night, as the song goes, would be a good idea but I can actually see a lot better like this as it cuts out all the glare from the road. Also works very well in the rain for the same reason. I actually use my sunglasses more at night and in the rain than during a bright day. For a bright day nothing is better than your sun visor. Duh. :rolleyes:

No just obey and enforce the lights law in Title 32. I'll be fine with that.

Top Bottom