New Draft NFA Form for 41P

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    looks like its from 8-23-13.

To paraphrase Tom Jones, "It's not unusual" for the govt. to prepare forms at the same time as proposing rule changes. However, at the 13th Annual Firearms Import/Export Conference in August 2014, ATF Counsel Andrew Lang stated that ATF is currently on track to make a decision on 41P by January 2015. However, he acknowledged that many of the comments filed by attorneys raised some issues that ATF had not considered. (Which, IMHO, is what happens when you draft rule changes without actually looking at the law.)

I've said it before, it's not time to panic, but I suggest anyone who lives in a parish where the CLEO won't sign off on your Form 1 or Form 4 to go ahead and get what they want now (especially in light of the new changes to the law pertaining to hunting with suppressors).

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    bumping this to see if anyone has heard of any new news? I also have a question. If you have form 4's in pending status wouldn't they be grandfathered in under the new rules?

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    bumping this to see if anyone has heard of any new news? I also have a question. If you have form 4's in pending status wouldn't they be grandfathered in under the new rules?

No new news. The ATF is still saying a decision by January 2015. I have yet to receive a reply to my objection, though.

A year ago, ATF said that anything pending at the time of any rule change would be processed under the old rules.

Top Bottom