New "Drug": Bath Salts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Salt, SERIOUS BUSINESS.:mamoru:
    Slidell Police make first bath salt bust

Slidell police have made their first two arrests under a new emergency order that outlaws bath salts, which have been used as drugs.

bathsalts.jpg
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/01/slidell_police_make_first_bath.html
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/northshor...arrests-for-illegal-bath-salts-113358919.html

:)

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    +1

It's a different attitude with this generation.
    Doesn't matter what the drug is, they don't want to get a little loose or a little buzz or relax or enjoy the ride. They want to get Slammed, Bombed, Zonked, Blacked out, or just plain injured. Being able to say you had to go to the emergency room for using too much is a proud thing. Somewhere along the way, they have have been convinced that the only way to have fun is to not remember it. Even the weed smokers are looking for stronger and stronger stuff. Most that I have dealt with rarely smoke weed without something else in it.

BTW- it does offer many opportunities for those Priceless Photos people post online, oh and lots of STDs.

It is a different generation, and the parents are to blame for not knowing what their kids are doing, where they're at, who they're hanging around and for not beating their ASS when they do something stupid.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    ...It is a plant, and I am pretty sure those were takin care of during those 6 days.

Show me in the bible where it says, "and God created marijuana.". You can't! Who to say that marijuana isn't an offspring of two plants that were cross polinated or something. That's like saying God created bath soap. No he didn't. Man did by mixing ingredients together. The problem is that no matter what is on the market people are ALWAYS going to try and look for something that gives them self pleasure - a high if you will. What's sad is that they will continue their quest until.....

xaeniac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Show me in the bible where it says, "and God created marijuana.". You can't! Who to say that marijuana isn't an offspring of two plants that were cross polinated or something. That's like saying God created bath soap. No he didn't. Man did by mixing ingredients together. The problem is that no matter what is on the market people are ALWAYS going to try and look for something that gives them self pleasure - a high if you will. What's sad is that they will continue their quest until.....

You can shake it anyway you want, but the marijuana plant was created by the one true God. It is a plant and man can not create plants or any substance from nothing. Thanks for the opportunity.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Marijuana has been around for thousands of years. It is not a cross between two plants. It was created by God, and who are you to question its purpose? Just like every major painkiller has its roots in the Poppy seed; Marijuana has extremely strong medical benefits and slim to none hazards.

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

Genesis 11-13.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    You can shake it anyway you want, but the marijuana plant was created by the one true God. It is a plant and man can not create plants or any substance from nothing. Thanks for the opportunity.

But I don't think he said smoke it and get stupid.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Cannabis does not impair your judgment like alcohol does, and last I check the Apostles drank their fair share of wine.

That and it has, as I said earlier, extreme medical value.

My post didn't say anything about drinking. Where did he say smoke dope and get stupid?

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    So God is okay with man-made wine, and weed is okay because God made it.

So as long as either God made it or man made it, it's okay with God. That's the logic I'm hearing.

As far as that quest.
    It usually end with death, destruction or realization that what they were looking for with inside of them all along.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    So God is okay with man-made wine, and weed is okay because God made it.

So as long as either God made it or man made it, it's okay with God. That's the logic I'm hearing.

As far as that quest.
    It usually end with death, destruction or realization that what they were looking for with inside of them all along.

I never said which is right or wrong. I just pointed out that God made all plants, cannabis is a plant, therefore God made it. We do not know what purpose he created it for. All I know its been proven to provide great medical benefits, something alcohol does not have, and alcohol is socially and legally acceptable.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    All I know its been proven to provide great medical benefits, something alcohol does not have, and alcohol is socially and legally acceptable.

Actually, research indicates that a moderate intake of alcohol can (or does) improve cardiovascular health, which is why some people drink a glass of red wine a day.

I think moderation is the key word here. Anything that is abused or overused can be harmful.

I don't usually delve into political or religious issues, but I would have to agree that if God created marijuana, it wasn't his intention for you to consume it in any form. If that's the rationale, should I go lick a poison dart frog, because He created it? :)

The negatives (especially the long-term effects) of marijuana really haven't been discovered, probably because it is illegal in some places. THC, no matter how mild, is considered a toxin. There has also been mention of short-term memory loss, and other side effects. I think the issue is that most people I know that use it, don't do so for its medicinal value.

I can't say one way or the other, I'm not a doctor, and I don't smoke weed. I can say that inhaling smoke into your body, regardless of the source, is bad for your health. I smoked cigarettes for several years, so I can attest to that.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I know better, I can't help it, I should not get involved in this thread.

Today we drink wine, straight and undiluted. Years ago it was popular to water down wine. The reason they did consume so much alcohol was because it was generally safer than their water sources. It wasn't to get drunk, it was to keep from dying from a polluted water source. Alcohol killed whatever nasties were swimming around.

I'm sure there were recreational users just as there are today, but if you're going to use the bible, know the history behind the text and use it accordingly. Don't twist it to make your arguments.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom