New Fav. Backstrap Recipe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    New Iberia,LA
    Tried cooking backstrap a different way and it's now my new favorite.

Heat oven to 300
    Put skillet on stove top with about 2 tbl spoons oil, I used olive oil. Leave it alone for now.
    Pat backstrap dry (I cut one backstrap in half so cooked 2 halves), season however you want
    I did sea salt, garlic pepper, black pepper, cayenne,rosemary
    Put in oven until internal temp is 120-130
    Take out BS and put that skillet from earlier on high heat
    When it starts smoking a little add 2 table spoons butter
    Brown back strap on all sides.
    Put back on pan and cover, let sit for 15 minutes-ish
    Slice Backstrap

Made a little sauce with the pan leftovers with a little flour, olive oil, butter, red wine, beef better than boullion

Made some garlic/butter grits (use milk instead of water, they come out WAY better)
    Boil 3 cups milk then throw in 1 cup grits add butter, garlic powder, etc. lower heat, cover cook a little longer and bam! IMG_1938.jpg
    Plated the grits,put a little sauce then some Backstrap and little more sauce.

Goes really good with the grits, got mine a little more well done then I wanted to but still tender. I need to get one of those digital thermometers I can stick in the meat while it cooks and check the temp. I guesstimated and took it out and it was a little too high at 140.

DoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    New Iberia,LA
    Yea..I just go with the flow so not too many exacts with my recipes but it really did turn out great.
    I'll admit sometimes I get too ambitious and it doesn't work out but other than being slightly overcooked this one was spot on!

As far as your thread, Man that does look good!
    I've done similar..Backstrap wrapped in back with jalapeno and cream cheese on the pit.. Done fresh jalapenos and pickled but hadn't tried it with candied
    Hadn't tried marinating the BS in Dales first either..Will definitely give it a shot next time!

Also did the above with Hog ..But marinated meat in pineapple juice and added a little pineapple to the cream cheese and jalapeno when I wrapped it!

Top Bottom